• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport CARF Pitts - Engine Upgrade

reyn3545

100cc
Yes, it's raining, and it's 2 days before Christmas and I still have some last minute shopping to do... but I had to drag it out again for some reason.

I ordered a new cowl, but I may just stick with the original... from above, you can't see the other holes that I cut for the other exhausts, and the holes aren't that big to begin with... so I'll wait until the new one comes in and take a look at how closely the colors and lines match up. If it's a good match, I'll change it out.

I still need to install baffles, and I need to cut an air exit hole in the bottom of the fuse, since the cans will heat up quite a bit. The batteries are moved back, so I think baffles and air exit are the only things keeping this plane on the ground.

It will be after new years before I get to any o fthat, but it's just about ready for its re-re-maiden!

That rattle you hear is the stabs shaking around... I need to put at least the bottom wings on when I do this. Other than the stabs shaking a little, it's actually much quieter than I expected. I like that.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Other than the rain, we might get a lot of flying in this winter. Maybe I'll see this plane someday soon.

reyn3545

100cc
I don't know about the weather... I don't think I've ever seen a Christmas season as warm as this year... but they say that the same El Nino that creates this will make February/March very cold and bad weather.... we'll see.

As for the plane... I do want to get it out of mothballs and in the air soon!