• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Calling all Pitts, Stearman, Waco, big bipes not dreadfully slow. 70"+ws

Would you be willing to participate in a Pitts, Eagle, Challenger only event.

• Yes!

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No!

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Being new to the 2 winged group, I am starting to see the inner beauty of bipes. So much so that I am truly and seriously contemplating a very large Pitts in the future. I voted yes on the poll and would definitely attend such an event if it were close enough. Not so sure the turn out would be larger than a warbird event though. I organized the Warbirds Over Nampa event in '13 and had a really impressive turnout. Course I was able to get the owner of one of the local "Stangs" in our area to do a "LOW" fly by as we played the National Anthem. But If an event could be well organized with plenty of interesting attractions, the possibilities could be limitless.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi guys, was just surfing the site and saw this. Something that might make it more interesting and worth considering.....when I was still pulling the strings here we were discussing a day where as many clubs as possible had an event on the same day. That way everyone was going to a GSN themed event and then coming back to the site that night and posting photos and stuff. So we'd all be at different locations but together at the same time.

Maybe this would be a way to make your biplane themed event take off? Let it be all about biplanes in general and you might see it get more interest. Go for it, sounds fun.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Back when I asked the question I thought there would be enough of the Pitts, Ultimate, Stearman, Waco, you know big bipe's not dreadfully slow, type willing. But it was not to be......

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I would still be interested in attending. Again however it would depend on distance of location of event. Any further details would be helpful.