• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BRAND NEW PAU PLANES! EXCLUSIVE!

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I'm having too much fun with it still! Its a rocket with a VV40 at 11.5 lbs! Might have to get another VV40...;)

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 257

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I need a Freestyle 260 fuse and cowl...

BJ Swope
Well I doubt you want my cowl!:) It was cut out for a dle 35 and then for a VV 40 so its not all that attractive. And the fuse may not be all that pretty but it is a whole lot stouter than factory in the landing gear area! Here's this... http://giantscalenews.com/threads/aeroworks-30cc-extra-260-lpu-kc.2279/

Back to topic... I suppose this is asking too much, but does the 30-40cc extra have a split cowl like its big brother? If it was built around a single cylinder I wouldn't see as much reason but with a twin it just begs to be split! I could do it myself I guess but it would be a nice perk if it was split.

Last edited:

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well I doubt you want my cowl!:) It was cut out for a dle 35 and then for a VV 40 so its not all that attractive. And the fuse may not be all that pretty but it is a whole lot stouter than factory in the landing gear area! Here's this... http://giantscalenews.com/threads/aeroworks-30cc-extra-260-lpu-kc.2279/

Back to topic... I suppose this is asking too much, but does the 30-40cc extra have a split cowl like its big brother? If it was built around a single cylinder I wouldn't see as much reason but with a twin it just begs to be split! I could do it myself I guess but it would be a nice perk if it was split.
No split cowls on 50cc and smaller. This ads unnecessary weight.
I installed a DA-70 in the 50cc Extra with no trouble.
Same with the Valley View 40 in the 35cc Extra.

Herve,
Split cowls would be nice even on 30 cc models. I've had to to take my prop off so many friggin times so I could take the cowl off to do something in there.... I'd LOVE a split cowl!

BJ Swope

sweetpea

100cc
Hmmmmmm!!! Thanks, might do that to my PAU/BME Ultimate cowl, never thought of using a zona saw to cut it. That's the only reason I hadn't done it already, I didn't want to have to repaint my cowl (again lol).

I should have cut my Ultimate cowl before I had it repainted.....DOH!