• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Booma RC Intellimatch?

thurmma

150cc
I received my IM-22 V 2.01 from BoomaRC in Australia and have to say that it is AWESOME! It took me about 20 minutes to completely setup both wings for the Extra 330. Will be flying it this weekend and looking forward to it. The latest ones match at 200 points and go through the matching process about 3 times faster than the original V2's :) Happy Happy Happy!!!

thurmma

150cc
Have to give a shout out to Justin at @Vital-Rc for his help in getting my issues resolved! For some reason my planes have been a pain in the backside trying to get these items to work. Nothing out of the ordinary, probably just my luck of the draw :) Justin was there anytime there was an issue and if he couldn't figure it out, he would get the manufacture involved, no questions asked. Definitely 2 standup companies in the RC world!

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I broke down and bought one to try out, an IM22 V2 that is.

Went to go set it up in the Yak tonight, got everything all setup and squared away. Was finishing up installation into the airplane when I decided to put the wings on and test everything. Seems to be completely dead now, can't get any response out of it... Will be sending an email to AR to see if something is up...

I'm on an Intellimatch thread on "the other site,"
But wanted to post here as well to see how others are doing with their Intellimatch units, that may not post there. Xpress, I had a similar issue. I had the right aileron up and running. Went to program the left aileron and the IM22, along with my 6 month old Spectrum 12020 just died. Very curious indeed.
I've been speaking with another person "over there" who had the same thing happen. I have an
Email in to the dealer and Booma HQ. I'll keep everyone updated. As always, hoping for the best here. I think this technology has great potential..

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Is this automatic matching or is it the same as dialing in each servo from your transmitter? As I have every servo on a separate channel.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Is this automatic matching or is it the same as dialing in each servo from your transmitter? As I have every servo on a separate channel.
This device operates as a sophisticated "Matchbox " if you will. The four aileron (In my case) servos plug into it, and there are two cables exiting the Intellimatch and going in to the aileron and an aux channel on my receiver. You teach the unit where the end-points are, set the centers, hit a button and it sweeps from full-up to full-down, matching at 100 points along the way.
The concept is good, but I and at least one other are having serious compatibility issues between the Intellimatch and our Spectrum receivers.
I have an email in now, to BoomaRC and the U.S. dealer. I'm eagerly awaiting their responses.