• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bls 157

I am running single BLS 157 on the rudder of my 104 Slick pull pull set up. It's all new never flown yet and on the ground the servo has the jitters very bad... really bad. I'm using a spektrum 12 ch power safe reciver putting 7.4v to all the servos.
Any ideas on why this high $$$ servo has got the jitters so bad and what's the best way to stop it?
It's the only servo doing this on the plane.

I am running single BLS 157 on the rudder of my 104 Slick pull pull set up. It's all new never flown yet and on the ground the servo has the jitters very bad... really bad. I'm using a spektrum 12 ch power safe reciver putting 7.4v to all the servos.
Any ideas on why this high $$$ servo has got the jitters so bad and what's the best way to stop it?
It's the only servo doing this on the plane.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the BLS. I have 3 planes with them now and all of them are jitter free. I actually have trouble telling if the plane is on because the servos are dead quiet unlike any servo I've used before. This leads me to believe that you might have just gotten a bad servo, or maybe something else in the system is causing the issue.

The first thing I would do is swap the servo out with a different BLS that isn't jittering where it's currently located just to see how it acts on the rudder.

dskuro95

100cc
another thing it could be is one of the rudder cables is pulling harder than the other one and it is making it jitter. I had this happen in my 102" yak. I loosened them both and redid re tightened them and it was fine.

I will try and swap servos but the rest of my 104 has Savox 2270. I only bought one BLS 157 for the rudder only. The pull pull cables are snug but not tight. Is it better to run some kind of rudder servo tray? I'll play around with it some and if nothing works I guess I will get another one and run two on the rudder.

dskuro95

100cc
If they are not snug to the same tension on each side, then it will cause it to jitter.

I will try and swap servos but the rest of my 104 has Savox 2270. I only bought one BLS 157 for the rudder only. The pull pull cables are snug but not tight. Is it better to run some kind of rudder servo tray? I'll play around with it some and if nothing works I guess I will get another one and run two on the rudder.

I put more tension on the cables and it stop the real bad jitters but it still did it some. I didn't notice anything in the air on the maiden flight but I also had a good 12 mph cross wind so was hard to tell. I'm just going to keep on flying it the way it is and if something starts to act up more with the servo I'll just replace.