• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm a big fan of the cortex and all it enables me to do. I'm not planning on entering any competitions, I just want to have the most fun possible at the field.

As Tim and Mike experienced last weekend, the Cortex makes the plane fly bigger, easier, and also SAFER. I've found that my landings with the Cortex are silky smooth even on the windiest days, and thus safer for me and my airplane.

Now, to be forthcoming, I'm slightly biased as a promoter of the product now, but I tried the product first and found that I had more fun with it.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I'm in this hobby to have fun, I have no desire to compete in competitions, the cortex makes flying far more enjoyable, I can fly after everyone else goes home, it makes low and slow more predictable so it allows me to learn new moves quicker, I can turn it off anytime I want, but I don't want. It makes not such great airframes fly better than they should, it makes great airframes fly amazing, it can be moved from airplane to airplane with little effort

Sure there is the purists that will look down on flying with a gyro, but those are usually the guys that never have a smile on their face;)

++ 1

I think it may also be fairly common for people who already have "mad skillz" to shun gyros, unless they just like playing with new gadgets.
I totally get that.
If you're already rockin the sticks the way you want, and you learned it all without the gyro, why would you want or need one now?

Me, I still have a long way to go.
No idea if the gyro will flatten or steepen my learning curve, but I'm having good fun with it, regardless. I like gadgets :)
I've put quite a few flights on the Cortex-enhanced 78" Extra now, on some fairly windy days, and have enjoyed it quite a bit.
It's hard to deny the benefits on a windy day. Especially when landing.
I've been flying about half a flight 'on' and about half 'off' but the 78" Extra is such a sweetheart of a plane in the first place that it may
not be the best demo platform overall. I may drop it into a more tumbly bird like an MXS... with a twitchier setup, and play some more.

Yowzilla

50cc
I think the Cortex is making me better as flying my bigger plane with out. I come from the Heli world and the accuracy and reaction of the Cortex is very simular to the german designed VBar system in my LogoSX. Funny that the Cortex is also german based...

The main reason I feel the Cortex is helping improve is that when you have the confidence to do a new move you are also training your eyes for the new orientations. It just builds the brain to finger connections quicker....My opinion...

PA Addiction X with the Cortex is the best and only airframe I have tried to date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJ1j8KED5A

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
don't think that is going to happen with the new strict MAP pricing and the fact that I have yet to see one on the used market

Yowzilla

50cc
Thanks....and worth every penny.. It brings super sized fun to any of your planes...As soon as I get the 92" Edge trimmed and sorted out I may give it a go on the gasser.