• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Battery Tray's

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
How's it going guy's,

So Im curious, does anyone make a battery tray for airplanes? If so where can I get one. Or is this something you have to custom make yourself? I have an idea for a tray that would slide forward and backwards so you can change your cg as you like, just don't have the means to make it myself. Although I do have a friend that has a machine shop at his house and might be able to help me out. If you have any idea's, post them up and I will discuss them with him as well. Who know's maybe between us all we might come up with something that works really good. He's done some work for me in the past and has done very well. Although it was for my Heli not a plane, but don't think that matters. Below is a few pic's of an idea I had to better mount an RX Satellite on my Trex 600, I didn't like the mounting options or lack of options that come stock on this bird. Turned out very nice and wound up putting one on my 700 as well.

Click on image for full size view

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I had the same idea about a year ago! Quick change of the cg to make it more imac versus 3d and then back. I do believe I saw a pic of a guy that did that. Can't recall where, but it has been in the last 8-10 months I would guess.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Humm I'd like to see what he did so I could compare with what I have in mind. Guess I better hit Google up and see what I find.
Any reason you care to share why you didn't follow through with your idea?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Humm I'd like to see what he did so I could compare with what I have in mind. Guess I better hit Google up and see what I find.
Any reason you care to share why you didn't follow through with your idea?

When I considered doing some thing like It the audience for a product like that would be pretty small.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Didn't think of that way. I was being selfish, just thinking of building one for myself and if a few peeps like it show them how to make there own.
But I get what your saying. :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Tell ya what if I can come up with something and you think it's awesome, I send ya one. :banana: bazinga_by_arselife.jpg
Seriously though I will. :thumbup:

Gene375

30cc
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI have the Morgan Mills mfg battery system for my Carbon Z Cub..I have 2 battery cartridges, sweet setup..