• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Battery Charger Recommendation

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The Cellpro Multi 4 is what I have currently. Great charger, just have to deal with the single button controlling everything.

50cc
Been cellpro multi 4, very good charger but no discharging and storage charge for lipo.
Looking at the new one or powerlab. Was A123, but went HV with lipo on new plane.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is a link to the "Bump Controller" for the PowerLab's I was talking about earlier. There is a short video on the page the shows the most basic function of the controller, the bump feature itself. It does way more than that, but it does make things simple if you have a lot of different batteries.
http://www.revolectrix.com/BC_video_tab.htm

Been cellpro multi 4, very good charger but no discharging and storage charge for lipo.
Looking at the new one or powerlab. Was A123, but went HV with lipo on new plane.

There should be a lipo storage setting as one of the factory preset options. It's option six on my cellpro..it does only work if the voltage is below storage voltage.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have an X1 that I still use now and then. The fan sounds like a wounded Moose for the first minute or so then all is good!;)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have an X1 that I still use now and then. The fan sounds like a wounded Moose for the first minute or so then all is good!;)

That's because it has an oilite bushing inside. The oil is impregnated into it and as it heats up from use, it draws the oil out. You can put a drop of 3 in 1 household oil in the fan bushing if you want to quiet it up.

Hey guys. Thanks for the suggestions. I have given some of your suggestions and a couple of my own to my son who is looking for a christmas present for me so stay tuned. Thanks for the offer @Xpress but I'm afraid the unit was heavily damaged (un-salvageable) due to the fire and it landing on the concrete when I tossed out the shop door in a moment of panic.:lol2: Its all good. I got 4 good years out of the unit. Budget wise I want to keep it affordable for my son so I have given him options of units running between $75 and $150.