• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Awesome new receiver 90 degree antenna holder

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 212

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Definitely long over do product. Well done. I can see everyone with a RP machine to start making something like this.

Bipeguy03

150cc
A friend of mine created a new 90 degree antenna holder for JR and Futaba radios. These receivers require the two antennas to be mounted 90 degrees with respect to each other to insure spherical coverage. This antenna holder does that weighs almost nothing and can be mounted in nearly any orientation to fit your plane.

I attached a pictures of the prototype installed in my plane and pictures of the final version with added tabs for mounting in any orientation.

http://rcbling.net/product/anthena-mount/

Airtronics uses the same thing, (with no satellite receiver) so REALLY liking this!! Normally I use the outer tube from Nyrods, this is so much better!!

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Adi, RCBling is your world teammate Amit Doran's website. He has been designing some really nice stuff.
Yup.
Amit is an Einstein when it comes to finding the right tool for the right job.
I guess I need to call him to get me one of these.
Great job Amit, like always bro !
I'll call you today on your local time.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Call me cheap, but all I do is buy some of the light blue heat shrink tubing that is only slightly larger than the antenna. I cut the length I need so the exposed end of the antenna will be completely outside the tubing and CA the two pieces to the inside of the fuselage at 90 degrees to each other. Lastly, after the CA dries, I just thread the antenna wires through it. Works like a charm.