• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: 75" MXS from Aerobeez. First weekend in the air...

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I've had two of the Aerobeez ARF's, a 30cc Yak 54 and and Yak 55M. Very pleased with both. The Yak 54 was damaged in a car wreck, the Yak 55M was the replacement. I crashed it several weeks ago; planes don't fly very well when the wings come off in flight...........LOL. Totally my bad, apparently I didn't get the wing bolts tight and they backed out.

I was hoping they would have done something for Black Friday/Cyber Monday as I would have purchased a 50cc ARF from them. I didn't see anything on their website either so I purchased a new OMP Extra 300.

Did you notice any big difference in the 54 vs 55 yak in the air? I am considering building a 30cc yak and setting it up on gas instead of electric.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Not any significant difference between the two. I didn't have either one long enough to really get to know their flying characteristics.

The two airframes were not as light as a 3DHS or Extreme Flight ARF which probably influenced the slow flight capabilities so some degree. Both tracked nicely when flying some of the Basic IMAC sequences.