• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anybody remember the lingo

Do-rag

100cc
[SIZE= 13px][/SIZE]Just ran across these and was wondering if anyone remembers them and possibly more

-
Huck It!

To throw the plane around on the deck.It usually involves flying out of your comfort zone. Possible use: "YO!huck that thing!" would indicate the audience's desire to see a low torqueroll, etc. Also a viable replacement for pit hecklings of "LOWER!LOWER!"

-Aunt Jemima

1. To re-kit pancake style

2. A pullout too low, resulting in the plane pancaking on the deck. Themagnitude of the Jemima determines whether it is classified as a short or atall stack.

-Yard Sale

The result of a high energy impact or"aunt jemima" that scatters debris from your plane over a large area.

-Community Service

The act of helping a friend retrievethe debris from a "yard sale"

-50 Grit Pass

A high alpha knife edge, or invertedpass that is low enough to leave some MonoKote, balsa, or foam on an asphaltrunway. On a grass runway, this is also known as a cartwheel.

-Compactor

While in a low torque roll or hover,your motor burps ; your fuse ends up taking the shape of an accordion, or asquashed tin can. This maneuver is best performed show center at the end of afreestyle routine.

-Snapasaurus

This is a 3D snap that's entered fromhigh speed. Audible ripping of the air by the wings is heard over the enginenoise. As Sadler likes to say, " This maneuver separates the boys from themen, and the wings from the plane"

-Cirkus Style!(Should now be GSN Style)

An attitude that's all about checkingyour ego and politics at the gate and enjoying the hobby to its fullest. Itinvolves pushing your bros to greater levels and promoting the hobby in apurely positive and outrageously fun manner.

SleepyC

150cc
I know Wizard who created another "lingo log" said he was thinking about creating a new one.

Hey [MENTION=132]wizard[/MENTION]... wutsup!!

Do-rag

100cc
SleepyC;14208 wrote: I know Wizard who created another "lingo log" said he was thinking about creating a new one.

Hey @wizard... wutsup!!

Sorry I hope I did not jump the gun on this. No disrespect to Wizard because I know that this excerpt came from him.

wizard

30cc
Yes, I'm planning on working on this again. I just haven't had a chance to work on it yet. Do-rag, no disrespect at all. Actually glad that others are remembering the work.

Do-rag

100cc
wizard;14222 wrote: Yes, I'm planning on working on this again. I just haven't had a chance to work on it yet. Do-rag, no disrespect at all. Actually glad that others are remembering the work.

Thank you but you deserve the credit. I remember that you had put a lot of effort into it back then.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Excellent log of terms on that other site. Need to add "Perp Walk" or "Walk of Shame" - walking back to the pits carrying the remains of your re-kitted plane.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i'm learning as i go about you guys but i'm not liking what i'm learning! i'll be the worst sticks on the field if i don't get out and get practicing and even then i'll still be the worst and that 50 Grit Pass has my name all over it followed by the Yard Sale...that's hysterical stuff, can't wait to see where this goes!

note to self, leave the nice planes home!