• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

An Oldie But A Goodie

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well Fellas,

At least I had one good day flying my Extra 260 on Saturday, but the third flight got cut short on the third flight when the rudder started wagging like an excited puppy's tail. . . . . .:eek:.
I landed without issues and packed up and went home. I checked the linkage and the rudder was tight. I turned the transmitter and receiver on and check if the rudder would do it again, but it would not do it. So I packed it back into the Durango and went back out this morning. The rudder started wagging again, half way through my first flight this morning so that ended my day of flying right there. I am going to replace all of the servos in the plane. I have plenty of new ones around here somewhere. All I need to do is find them. . . . . :laughing:. If I don't get slammed this week at work, the Extra should be ready to go by next weekend.

Glad your 260 is still in one piece. Ailerons on Python 100 had a similar symptom. Replacing the wiring solved the problem. I’m guessing connectors were the culprit, since I didn’t change any servos.
Those damn rc Gremlins. I still have not diagnosed the issue with my H-9 Sukhoi. Last time out, the dang Gremlin showed up again in the second flight and by the third flight, I nearly lost it. It has been grounded since then. About two or three months now. I suspect besides the new Gruapner receiver and radio system, it will probably get new Lipo's like I used in the new 330. Truth is, the Gruapner and the new Lipos were intended for the Sukhoi originally. But with the new 330 being completed, I figured I would just install them into it. I will start replacing receivers and flight packs at the rate of a plane a month. If I start now, I should have them all outfitted by March '19. LOL

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Those damn rc Gremlins. I still have not diagnosed the issue with my H-9 Sukhoi. Last time out, the dang Gremlin showed up again in the second flight and by the third flight, I nearly lost it. It has been grounded since then. About two or three months now. I suspect besides the new Gruapner receiver and radio system, it will probably get new Lipo's like I used in the new 330. Truth is, the Gruapner and the new Lipos were intended for the Sukhoi originally. But with the new 330 being completed, I figured I would just install them into it. I will start replacing receivers and flight packs at the rate of a plane a month. If I start now, I should have them all outfitted by March '19. LOL
Are the gremlins with old radio or the Gruapner. And by the way how is the Gruapner working out , can give us an update.