• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Am I unlucky or to picky?

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I used to have the hangar 9 carden extra and the plane was a great plane. Just a few things though that you will encounter with a lot of arfs....usually cowl rings come loose over time. I usually apply fiberglass to the cowl ring regardless of the brand of arf to prevent them from coming loose in the future. Also the servo pockets for the elevators are very shallow on that plane. If you have a taller servo you may have to shim it in order for it to fit, you will also have to shave some of the foam out of the pocket in order to tuck the servo wire around to get it through the outlet. Just remember most arfs are built on an assembly line and at times there are things that won't line up or may need a little engineering to fit the equipment you are installing. As for the covering on the motor box, I do not remember mine having any. I think alot of people add that for the bling affect. I do think the first former was covered up to the motor box but I honestly can't remember. Also wheel fairings usually need to be trimmed up a little bit around the gear to get them to fit properly.

On the other hand, if you receive a plane that is cracked up or or has pieces missing then I would complain to the manufacturer but I feel what you are encountering is very typical. I've built a dozen or so 50-100cc arfs over the past 2 years and have found that the extreme flights and hangar 9 planes have probably gone together the best and have included the best hardware fwiw.

Ditto on Hanger 9 and Extreme Flight for customer service and fit and finish. My H9 60e Beast assembled well, is beautiful and fly's well.
I am on my third Extreme Flight and they all were well built and fit and finish is outstanding. The real difference is that EF planes go through a long prototype and testing period before being sold. I suspect that is not common with most China built airframes.

jymz

30cc
Yes everything has been taken care of. The plane needs final setup and CG and it will be ready to go.
Its covered up in the garage waiting for spring .