• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC All New 3.1m Radiowave Giles 202 Competition Series Build Thread

BalsaDust

Yes I did the same thing on my big edge profile. Fuse is sheeted foam. One side I edge glued and the other I just decided the gorilla glue would edge glue them for me as it flamed out so I just taped all the edges together with masking tape. Spread out the GG and covered it with 30 cinder blocks. Worked perfect and the fuse is strong as heck.

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
100_2937.JPG

Picture one and two is the standard control horn which use a plywood base sunk into the foam wing

100_2940.JPG

picture 3 shows the new base design using a ply balsa sandwich design. Weight savings on the base weight is 6 grams

100_3357.JPG

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Haven't posted on our progress for a while. I guess the last post was the turtle deck and hatch foam were being bagged. Well that didn't turn out so hot as a corner of hatch shuck pulled into the turtle deck under vacuum . I did not catch it until it was too late. It put a bow into the turtle deck that I can not get out so we will be cutting a new turtle deck and sheeting it

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Mean time Kevin installed the carbon sleeve for the wing using hysol epoxy.

100_3355.JPG

Picture 2 Kevin has installed the sheeting to enclose the pipe tunnel
100_3356.JPG

Picture 3) if you look into the fuselage you can see the formers are cut so to run the servo leads to the tail. Not shown: The former behinf the sleeve is now sealed off for the canisters. This will help keep heat out of the fuselage. Heat is bad for electronics.

100_3356.JPG

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
I usually use Gorilla glue ( poly glue ) to do most of my sheeting. One thing I have decided to do is go old school and put a spar in the wings. Also we have had some great discussions ( on another forum) about using resin ( West systems ) In the past I have not had a lot of luck with it but it looks like my applications were probably to light on amount of resin we used. I will continue to use the poly on the tail surfaces ( because its quick and is a fairly small area ) but have decided when laying up the wings I will again use the West systems epoxy and follow the advice of others.