• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aj aircraft 93,73,56 laser

Would the 90-ish laser be a good first 60-70 size airframe? I know it's too soon to tell but if the airframe is a mix between pattern, persion/3D then why wouldn't you pick the 90-ish 230 Laser and run a smooth DA70 in it? Hello?

Would the mounting holes on the 56" (hacker a40) match up with the lightened version of the mf 3615 or the aluminum mount? And anyone have any thoughts on the hacker vs motrolfly?

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
your assuming that the fire wall has mounting holes in the first place? I'm hoping it does not.

If i remember correctly the hacker and motrolfly are different and you will certainly need spacers with the motrolfly.

I don't think anyone that has owned both would recommend the hacker over the motrolfly, the 3615 is a special motor

ryan_m

100cc
The hacker a30 and lightened mount version of the Motrolfly 3615 are a direct match. The aluminum mount Motrolfly is a larger bolt pattern.

I'm buying the 56" one as soon as it comes out. I've got a very well used 51" Slick currently, so it will just get flown very very recklessly until it meets it's demise. Then I'll replace it with a 56" Laser!

gyro

GSN Contributor
your assuming that the fire wall has mounting holes in the first place? I'm hoping it does not.

If i remember correctly the hacker and motrolfly are different and you will certainly need spacers with the motrolfly.

I don't think anyone that has owned both would recommend the hacker over the motrolfly, the 3615 is a special motor

I really like your thinking!

Manta

70cc twin V2
Would the mounting holes on the 56" (hacker a40) match up with the lightened version of the mf 3615 or the aluminum mount? And anyone have any thoughts on the hacker vs motrolfly?

Hacker and Motrolfly both are very good motors. You get more options with the motrolfly for what batts and prop and power levels you want to use as ken can wind and set the kv for ya pretty much to your specs. Motrolfly most always runs cooler but hacker doesnt seem to mind the heat they run. So either way gooder. I fly motrolfly. i have had hackers and had good service from them too.