• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aileron throws

kork

70cc twin V2
I was rebinding my 60cc Freestyle to a new transmitter last night and realized my throws were different from each other. Left to right they were the same but if the right was 4 inches up the left was only 3.75 down.
The plane fly's awesome but will I ever notice if they are different?
Are you guys making sure they are exactly the same ? or is that the most important part?
Thoughts??

Even a few degrees difference you will notice the plane does not roll axially. If your not worried about that then you can leave it but I tend to match up throws evenly.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
by not having both the same you are actually adding differential to the airplane and that will certainly effect how it rolls. For some airplanes that is not a bad thing though, especially if the wing is below the thrust line. Next time you are flying pay attention to your rolls and see if they are axial or not. Also on that airplane you may not notice it as much because the wing design and if you are using the side force generators.

sweetpea

100cc
And you need to see if your rolls are axial both directions. Like they said....you have differential in them now (at least one direction). It may be a good thing or a bad thing. And by a bad thing.......it just means your plane isn't setup as good as it could be.

I like to use the Goldberg trim guide that many use for IMAC. It will help with IMAC, 3D and just general flying if your plane is setup to fly straight. You won't fight it so much in maneuvers.