• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L

The 15.5 pounds is for the redwing 50cc. My 78 is a VVRC 40 and is 13 pounds.

My other planes in this class are 60-70cc and are 18-19 pounds.

My point was to compare this tweener plane to a light 50cc as they are close in weight.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Congrats to @AeroWorks for making it on the cover of October edition of Model Airplane News with the Extra 260 QB-L!

See it here: http://www.modelairplanenews-digital.com/man/october_2014#pg1

MAN COVER.jpg

AeroWorks

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks Mike,

As always Model Airplanes News has done an incredible job on the cover and review!

Thank you,
Rocco
AeroWorks

SnowDog

Tyler McCormick was ripping it up at the Knoxville flyin this weekend with his AeroWorks Extra 260 QB...he had smoke and lights on the plane and he was doing it all...I'm sure there will be some videos posted on the Knoxville thread because I took the videos of the "on the deck" competition and Tyler rocked in that as well. This plane handled it all and performed flawlessly...really impressive.

I got to fly Tyler's plane last week. He reminded me he needed it for the contest and not to hurt it! He took off the canister and it had much better tail authority. I kept saying that it not have enough power with the DLE-35 stock. The plane comes in on the heavy side, but has a lot of wing to carry it. We have a number of them up here flying. Not my style of plane, but you can't question Aeroworks quality.

Tyler won IMAC freestyle at the nats last year with that very plane.

Too bad he did not have room for his 35% Edge. His night performance with that plane is epic.

SnowDog

His night performances with the 260 were epic as well...lights, smoke, high energy, and no wind...the smoke just hung on the runway well after his flight was done.