• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrection Aeroworks 85cc Yak

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I was headed for the truck to go pick up some supplies for around the yard when all at once UPS, FedEx, and USPS pulled in the driveway. Never had all of them show up at the same time but they were all welcome. The muffler and fuel lines have been installed, have to drill the prop and I can button it up, and check the CG.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The plumbing is done, the prop is drilled, and everything has been secured. Waiting on the spinner so as to fire it up, run it a bit, and do a first flight tune. I do have one issue, the canopy hatch has a bow to it and I assume the fuse did as well prior to the rebuild. I can get the hatch on well enough for now but may replace it if I decide keep this bird and do a recover.
Also, I have never had to support a pitts style muffler before but this thing is so big that if there is much vibration I may have to do just that.

Attachments

• P1080466.JPG
    P1080466.JPG
    395.9 KB · Views: 443
  • P1080467.JPG
    P1080467.JPG
    391.4 KB · Views: 410

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I forgot to mention it only took 9.11 oz. on the engine box to balance. I could have stopped at 9 oz. but I would rather have just a touch of nose heavy for a maiden.

Nice job on the repairs! The hatch can be straightened out pretty easily, just wet the frame with some water/ammonia mix and then bolt it to the fuse with all four bolts, it will re-warp back into the correct position.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice job on the repairs! The hatch can be straightened out pretty easily, just wet the frame with some water/ammonia mix and then bolt it to the fuse with all four bolts, it will re-warp back into the correct position.
I do that with warped lumber when building but was not sure with this thing being pre built and having the canopy affixed.

Even with the canopy installed the frame can warp a little, at least enough to go back into alighnment. The key is to leave it bolted in place all the time with the exception of assembly/maintenance to help keep it the correct shape.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
WOW! I did not realize it had been so long from getting it fixed to flying, just to busy with the new house I guess. But, I did maiden it two weeks ago, it was a little touchy and the engine was no where near tuned enough for flight for me. Then two days ago I managed to spend the day taking off, landing, and readjusting. Turned out to take the following day to finish it up, but it was done to my liking. Today I pulled it out with the sole intent to run threw my routine for my next event which would accomplish two things. One is to put some time on the airframe, engine, and two is to help me learn the routine so as to not have to think about what comes next. This is the area of flying I am comfortable with and enjoy most. Flew a number of flights, the plane is an easy flier, the engine is more than sufficient, and I am closer to knowing my routine by heart. I also learned 24 ounces of fuel last 29 minutes, yea, my first dead stick. I do that willingly on a new airframe so I know how much time I have, two flights easily then refuel. I also get a mah reading, that 29 minutes used 380 so with 4200 on board I have a day's worth on a charge. Like the plane, it's a keeper, including the engine!