• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks 30cc Laser 200 ARF-QB

AeroWorks

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks…When designing the 30cc Laser I wanted to keep it a scale as possible without sacrificing performance.

The flat tail section actually performs very well and the wire bracing is extremely strong.

Rocco
AeroWorks

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks…When designing the 30cc Laser I wanted to keep it a scale as possible without sacrificing performance.

The flat tail section actually performs very well and the wire bracing is extremely strong.

Rocco
AeroWorks

I'm interested to get a pull on one someday. Such a beautiful design!

AeroWorks

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hopefully you will get a chance to fly one I am sure you will be impressed!

Thanks
Rocco
AeroWorks

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I shot a high quality video for Tyler the other week and hopefully he will get it up when he gets back. I got to fly this plane and it is super smooth. Comfortable is a good word for it. It is very precise and easy to fly and very nice on the electric setup. It is not going to compete with the freestyle for raw 3D ability. As Tyler shows, it has 3D chops, just it leans more towards the precision side and you know the quality and support is there from AW.
[MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] got a pull as well and maybe he can add his thoughts.
[MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] pretty much summed it up. Great smaller option for an IMAC practice, competition or backup. It was nice on the electric. I'd agree with Matt, if you like the scale and want to fly primarily precision/ IMAC and some 3D and XA it will be really nice. As you reach deep into the XA envelope it requires a little more work. Can't see a real downside. Good luck. Keep in mind this was on a 5 minute pull and watching Tyler.

Last edited by a moderator:

porcia83

30cc
Congrats

Tyler took 1st place in Advanced, and 2nd in Freestyle at the World Championships.

In addition to being a great pilot, he is a great ambassador for the hobby, and a genuinely nice kid. Same with his brother, but he didn't get first place. :)

Tyler.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Here's a great review from Model Aviation Magazine!

[video=youtube;lhZvyNqcZ34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhZvyNqcZ34[/video]

Late congratulations to Tyler for his IMAC result! Also thanks in large part to his video, I am a proud electric conversion owner myself! It was a Christmas present I got from me and I finally got around to maidening it today.
No video, no pics- yet.
Dropped in a 12S 3300 setup on a Motrolfly 4330 206Kv per an Aeroplayin post (on some thread on some other site maybe).
For some reason, I lost the motor X-mount guide and the AW universal template came in handy! CG Buddy is absolutely awesome too. No wing bags, but that's ok.
Batteries are a bit light for this plane's CG but not an issue with the performance envelope one comes to expect from most modern ARFs. I don't know if it's going to win over the XA-3D market en masse, but it won me over. [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] pretty much sums up my experience so far. I find it's fun to have the control resolution that precision-oriented surfaces afford you, even in post stall.

Last edited by a moderator: