• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 88" Slick 540 v2 (50cc)

AeroHeadTW

New to GSN!
If you look really close on the landing picture, you'll see that the elevator halves have different deflection. The port one was unplugged at that point. I'm surprised how well it flew on one elevator half!

Surprising that it didn't roll more with the inadvertent elevon!

Plane looks great.

I wasn't getting trash bags--but I think some of the peanut gallery were thinking about putting in an offer on your trailer if you tanked your big plane ; )

gyro

GSN Contributor
Surprising that it didn't roll more with the inadvertent elevon!

Plane looks great.

I wasn't getting trash bags--but I think some of the peanut gallery were thinking about putting in an offer on your trailer if you tanked your big plane ; )

He'd have a new plane shipped within 24hrs :)

I don't think he'll ever part with the trailer now

njswede

150cc
BTW, I think I figured out why it was dying in inverted spins and blenders. I have a blown cylinder gasket, so it was probably sucking air. Plus, it reduces the pressure pulses responsible for actuating the fuel pump. Bad fuel pressure + air leaks = poor performance, methinks.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yea that would do it! Easy fix too ;) you might have to re-tune if the leak was messing with your mixture.

njswede

150cc
Last weekend, I gave my good friend Zach ( [MENTION=77]zmonster97[/MENTION] ) the Sticks of my [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] Slick and told him to be REALLY CAREFUL. So cut the guy some slack. This is the first time flying this plane and he's "careful". :)

[video=youtube_share;dwXrRRF3Ij0]http://youtu.be/dwXrRRF3Ij0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Looks like Zach is a BA pilot to me. Also looks like you have the plane running pretty darn good. Glad to see you have things sorted.

njswede

150cc
Looks like Zach is a BA pilot to me. Also looks like you have the plane running pretty darn good. Glad to see you have things sorted.

Honestly, this video doesn't do him justice. It's an unfamiliar plane, he's holding back, the plane is a little nose heavy and he wasn't crazy about the setup... I have some footage of him flying his own plane that I'm going to post.