• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 73" Yak 54 (Green/White)

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Looks good Rex, great flight report!

We're almost done with ours, just need to install the rx and electronics.

Thinking we might go with a Monster scheme on this one :)

I think the base scheme would be a great starting point for several themes that have a bright green look to them. The Monster scheme would be very cool looking.

I though about "doing" something with a Mountain Dew® look since that is one of my favorite soft drinks. Heineken® could work............probably a lot of others would be a nice fit as well.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Thanks for sharing Rex. This would definitely help anyone who wants to convert to electric. I know there are lots of people who wants go try electric but don't know how to start. How do you compare this set up to your previous gas setup?

Great job on the build!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Here are some performance numbers with a ProTek RC 22X10 electric prop and the Motrolfly 4330-255. I'm using a new ZTW Gecko 120HV Opto ESC. Data is obtained with my EagleTree logger.

Three different packs, starting voltage for all was right a 33V; amp draw stayed below 90 for all flights.

GensAce 30C 4S 4000mAh X2 for 8S These packs probably have 200 cycles and they are "tired" Fresh charge on full throttle extended vertical up-line; Max Watts 2062. Other than that one up-line watts stayed below 1800 and the flight average was 369. Motor temp is around 145F.

Value Hobby Elite 30C 4S 4000mAh X2 for 8S. These are new packs, less than 4 flights. On fresh charge, full throttle vertical up-line: Max Watts 2564. Other than that one extended up line, watts stayed below 2200, flight average was 478. No change in motor temp.

Buddy RC Glacier 30C 4S 4000mAh X2 for 8S. These are new packs, less than 4 flights. On fresh charge, full throttle vertical up-line: Max Watts 2798. Other than that one extended up line, watts stayed below 2400, flight average was 680. No change in motor temp.