• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 26% 74" Slick540 Build, Maiden Log!

Gary what is the engine doing,, you said it took 75 flips to get it started, have you done the reed block mod to it , she might be drawing some air,

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary what is the engine doing,, you said it took 75 flips to get it started, have you done the reed block mod to it , she might be drawing some air,

I think that is part of the problem.
The plan was to review the engine, so we tried everything to get it running right "out of the box" with no mods.
After the review plan was scrapped, took a look inside, and the reed block's machining (it is metal) wasn't perfect. We've returned the PTE, and are awaiting a new DLE-35RA to arrive :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Changed our engine plan once again...

CHECK THIS OUT!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388337755.028731.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388337879.611653.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388337901.911363.jpg

VVRC 40cc twin fits perfectly :D

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Looks good GYRO, Hope all goes according to plan, Also thanks for the info on EF 104"

Also where did you get your aircraft work stand? Would like to purchase one.

gyro

GSN Contributor

gyro

GSN Contributor
Really looks good Gary with the twin engine. Great job. Looking forward it see a its maiden.

Happy new year!

Thanks Alan!

It's definitely not show quality, but I'm really happy with how the cowl patch came out.
Before:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389417250.829283.jpg

During
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389417218.765354.jpg

After:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389417268.362314.jpg

and yes, for those who noticed, I did close the oil cooler scoop, and painted it black.

Lazy3d

New to GSN!
How did you end up with the c.g. If got dle 30 had to space out over 1\4 inch to clear cowl and now I'm very nose heavy.