• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

93” AJ Airplanes 93” Laser 230z ready to ship!

SleepyC

150cc
Hey guys, just got off the horn with my good buddy Mr. Andrew Jesky and he has informed me that the AJ Aircraft 93” Laser 230z’s are about ready to ship and they are going FAST!

SO heads up.. if you want one... GET ONE NOW!
CLICK HERE!

Now available! Should begin shipping by 1/19.

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 10.24.41 PM.png

Whether you're looking to go out and do some 3d huckin' or lay down a smooth-as-butter precision flight, the 93" Laser 230z is for you! The wings have been thoroughly refined to allow precision flying, while not sacrificing any 3d characteristics. With a generous fuselage height, the model flies as well on its side as it does upright. Generously sized control surfaces give you excellent authority at all speeds. The Laser 230z features an awesomely light but strong airframe and a light wing loading that will handle anything you want it to.

Building the airplane is very straight forward. The rudder cables are pre-installed, hinges are pre-installed, glued and sealed. And pre-installed blind nuts in the wing tips for the included SFG's make it easy to get this bird in the air in no time flat. High quality parts including dual carbon fiber control horns, carbon fiber wing tube and heavy duty ball-links and turnbuckles ensure you won't need to spend more money replacing cheap hardware.

This 30% airframe was designed around the DA-70 or equivalent, with lots of room for this beast of an engine without having to cut holes in the side of your cowl. A full length pipe tunnel gives you the ability to easily add pipes to tame your DB levels. Trust us when we say once you go full throttle with this baby, you won't want to slow down! As with its siblings, you'll see this is designed with next-gen building techniques to handle the punishment of todays 3D and extreme aerobatics with confidence.

Prefer electrons over ignition? A Hacker Q-80 with 10-12s lipos will have the Laser screaming across the field and you cackling with glee. The crazy power and instant throttle response of the Q-80 makes the 93" Laser 230z a 3D/XA pop-toppin', tumblin', knife edge spinnin' insanity machine! Whichever you choose, we're sure it'll put a smile on your face every time you fly it!
Up Your Game! Fly AJ.
The 411:
  • Wing Span - 93"
  • Length - 88"
  • AUW - ~18-20 lb
  • Power(Elec) - Q-80
  • Power(Gas) - 60-70cc
  • Radio - 6 channel with 5 high torque servos
What's in the box:
  • Carbon reinforced landing gear mount
  • Pre-hinged and sealed ailerons & elevators
  • Removable horizontal stab & rudder
  • Carbon main gear
  • G-10 control horns
  • Dual ball links for all connections
  • Carbon wing tube
  • Optional SFGs included
  • Padded wing bags & stab bags
  • Full-length pipe tunnel
  • Genuine Ultracote covering in 2 color scheme choices including the AJ Competition Scheme
  • Wing & stab bags
  • Fuel tank
  • Muffler can mounts
  • 3/4" standoffs for gas engine (~3" standoffs will be required for electric setups)
AJ flies this airframe with the following equipment:
  • Hacker Q-80
  • Falcon 24x10 prop
  • Castle 160 ESC
  • 2x 6s Thunder Power lipo
  • Castle Pro BEC
  • Thunder Power 2s 3800mah G8 Pro-lite + 25C
  • Futaba S-9157 servos on Elevator/Rudder/Ailerons
Also needed to complete:
  • 2x 6" extension for ailerons (not needed for S-9157)
  • 2x 6" extensions from the receiver to the aileron servos
  • 2x 48" extensions for the elevators
  • 1x 12" extension for the ESC to Receiver (if electric)
  • 1x 12" extension will be needed for the throttle servo and ignition (if gas)
  • 4x 1 3/4" servo arms for elevators & ailerons
  • 1x 3 1/2" servo arm for rudder
  • 4" spinner
Let's kick it up a notch!

HornetNZ

50cc
Unfortunately, I wont be building it anytime soon. I absolutely have to finish my other projects first. But, I will for sure be taking it out of the box and mocking it up for a pic. :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Unfortunately, I wont be building it anytime soon. I absolutely have to finish my other projects first. But, I will for sure be taking it out of the box and mocking it up for a pic. :)
Saa-weeeet. But in a way, not very nice.... Temptin' us and teasin' us and just makin' us all drool ay the mouth? LOL.... a picture or two would be nice though.

HornetNZ

50cc
Here's a couple I took of AJ flying the prototype last year after the Weak Signals show.

Attachments

• DSC_0084.JPG
    DSC_0084.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC_0094.JPG
    DSC_0094.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 453
  • DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC_0101.JPG
    DSC_0101.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 411

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here's a couple I took of AJ flying the prototype last year after the Weak Signals show.
I really never liked the Lazer "look". Although I did a complete box build of a "Lanier" for a guy many-many moons ago. It was the 1/3 scale size. But this one by AJ looks like it could possibly win a little favor from me. Anything that flies has appeal to me now. LOL... I wonder if AJ is able to make it here in June for the competition at our field, if he'll bring a couple extras with him??? Hmmm.....:way_to_go:

HornetNZ

50cc
Yeah, the laser does have a 'chunky' nose...but it sure does fly nice!

All of the airframes are stored at Tims place in Monroe, MI...so Andrew would have to stash some in his car when he visits. :)