• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Long time fellas. Looks like this is going to be the next giant for me. Hoping for "bling" and build help from [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] thinking DA 70 on cans with smoke (just cause I have to have at least one plane with smoke despite the known downsides).

SnowDog

Double check with Matt (@Enterprise)...he has some of these baffles on one of his planes last year, and it appeared that some of the material (white) melted onto his cylinder head making the engine appear white.
Not sure if that is a problem or not, but I do wonder what the heat rating is on this material...
Gary...did Matt ever talk to you about this?

I made some baffles for the 91 Extra with a DA-70. The shorter one is 16 grams, the longer one 20 grams.

dth7

Mines at Matt's house with his. Going Da 70 for power. Debating on 2:1 header w can and smoke, 2:1 header w pipe smoked, or skip smoke.
With smoke try to plumb a 32oz gas/ 16oz smoke tank. Thoughts from the gallery? Not going to use the smoke much but but would be nice to have. With the 70 I don't think the added weight is going to be that big a deal. Again, looking for advise, experiences. Thanks guys. I'm excited to have a nice size airframe that is a proven winner on all disciplines.

dribar

70cc twin V2
I got the 2:1 header and can from da. I have friends with smoke so I don't have to do it :)

I'm not at that point in the build yet, but not too sure about the header and throttle servo taking up the same space. We will see... But I am very excited about the setup. The da70 on my 91" yak is just smooth as butter with the standard exhaust.

dth7

I got the 2:1 header and can from da. I have friends with smoke so I don't have to do it :)

I'm not at that point in the build yet, but not too sure about the header and throttle servo taking up the same space. We will see... But I am very excited about the setup. The da70 on my 91" yak is just smooth as butter with the standard exhaust.

Funny! "Friends with smoke" like friends with boats and pools!
I'm psyched about this 91" extra.