• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

I'm making a go with this plane with a dle 55. Got one used and wasn't really planning on this plane but I think I'm gonna go with a Pitts muffler to keep my weight down and see if my 55 will pull it. Has anybody tried a 55 on this machine?

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I'm making a go with this plane with a dle 55. Got one used and wasn't really planning on this plane but I think I'm gonna go with a Pitts muffler to keep my weight down and see if my 55 will pull it. Has anybody tried a 55 on this machine?

We asked lots of questions about the 55 and heard subpar results.. I know diggity wanted to try the 55 but was convinced not to. It will fly, likely well, but will fall far short of what this plane is capable of..

gyro

GSN Contributor
How would a EME 60 do on this airframe? Does it compete with the da 60?

The specs I've seen are that the DA is at least 5% more powerful, and they've had their 60cc a while, so they have a mature design with all the kinks worked out... But you pay a little more for that.
I have the EME60 in my 89 Slick and it's a good motor... But next time I'm saving up for the DA.

My EME has performed flawlessly so far go back a few post and watch how it performs in this airframe. P-Huck flying it at night.

So your eme 60 isnt quite the smooth running machine as the DA?

If you read on the other forum on the EME thread you will see people who have compared the 2 engines and the DA is hitting about 300 more rpm. But you will also see post that the EME is smoother.

I don't have a DA60 but I am very pleased with the EME.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I've heard the EME is a little smoother as well. I believe proper tunning and setup is the key, regardless if it's EME or DA.