• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

SnowDog

Just got an email from EF saying that a small number of these airframes are available for pre-order:

We have only received a small amount and will be taking orders on a first come, first
served basis via our website. PLEASE, Ordering via the Website will help us
to keep accurate inventory. We will be shipping as quickly as possible.
Please understand that due to the volume of orders, this WILL take extra
time. Please allow a few extra days for shipping

Please check it out before it goes out of stock again!

--------------------------------------------------
Product Back In Stock
91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

Link:
http://www.extremeflightrc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=160

Wish I had the funds to buy one right now but I don't, so perhaps someone else will benefit from this news!

vegasking

70cc twin V2
It was better than perfect weather today here in Springfield, MO. Finally got to go and maiden the Extra, wish I would have had the 92" Edge done in time to take it too.

013.jpg 010.jpg

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Until he responds I'll ask a quick question.... The 91" is my first big plane and I just picked up the DA70. 32oz tank or 16? Also, what prop for break-in and flying? Thanks!
-Chad
32oz would be your best bet. I've read that many people are using a 24x10 and getting excellent results.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Daniel, so far so good, just got one flight on it. Everything was new om this plane, the DA-60 w/MTW pipe had about 5 minutes pre-run before the maiden and ran great. I think my balance ended up about 1/4"-3/8" behind the backside of the carbon tube. What would you suggest for the rates and expo's. I made a video of the flight, but the GoPro was cap mounted and was set at the wrong angle and most the video u can't see the plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I worked on the build today. I installed the Savox 1270 servos, SWB arms, tapped them to 3 mm, wrapped the servo wire, used shrink tube and installed the control horns, and installed the linkage. I used a mic to measure the lenght of the linkage to ensure the length is spot on. Also, set up the servo's before installing them in the elevators. Hope this comes out OK, it's my first build with a plane this size.

I used Blendrem tape to seal control surface gaps.

When I installed the servo horns I used Zpoxy mixed with Milled Fiberglass, did the same when I installed the hindges on the Elevators and ailerons.

I bulit the tail wheel assembly and....

Attachments

• ELE RIGHT LEFT  SERVO 3.jpg
    ELE RIGHT LEFT SERVO 3.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 238
  • ELE RIGHT LEFT 1.jpg
    ELE RIGHT LEFT 1.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 246
  • ELE RIGHT LEFT 2.jpg
    ELE RIGHT LEFT 2.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 232
  • TAIL GEAR AND MISC.jpg
    TAIL GEAR AND MISC.jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 278

danielph

50cc
Go with the 32oz tank. I use 32s on my 60s as well. The tanks don't weigh much of anything and you don't have to fill them. I always do though.

I would use a Falcon or Mej 24x10 propeller.

vegasking, expo is all personal preference, but I would recommend keeping it under 50% and as low as you feel comfortable with. I always use 3 rates. One with full throw on everything, mid rate with 30 degrees on the ailerons and 45-50 on the tail surfaces, and one low rate with 30 on the ailerons, 35 on the rudder, and 25 on the elevator. (Appx)

Turfsurfer

New to GSN!
91" Extra 300 fit out

Hi All,

I got really lucky the other day when the 91's were briefly in stock. Got my shipping confirmation yesterday. :grrreat:

I have done a lot of research on the best way outfit the airframe for our flying field.
We have some sensitive Horsie people as neighbours. Noise is an issue that automatically ruled out the DA-70 on mufflers and there doesnt look to be enough room for a pair of cans.

Had a nice long chat with Dave Sullivan (Planebender) and ordered a GP-61 and a Smooth Pipe.
Blazing Star mount
Found an MTW header that was made for the GP-61. (Thunderbolt RC up here in Canada)
Falcon 24X10 carbon prop
An AR9110 with an extra satellite receiver is on the way
Hitec 5565MH on the throttle
100 strand heavy duty extensions. 20 AWG for the elevators and 22 for all others
Going with the recommender SWB servo arms and some blingy secraft adjusters for the pull pull

And here is the plan that isn't set in stone...
Savox 1270TG's for all surfaces
Tech Aero IBEC for the ignition
True Turn ultimate style spinner
32 oz 4titude tank
Fromeco Relions if they need to be in the motor box (CG) or Lipo's if they can be in the fuse.
Maybe a Vess balance ring.

The thing that has me most confused is the brushless vs coreless servo question. Is it worth an extra $25 per servo to get the efficiency of the brushless 2270's?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Roger