• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

88" Pilot Extra 330

emtp275

100cc
So I picked up a Pilot Extra 330 at Nall, there's not a lot of info on this airframe that I can find but I built mine and have a few flights on it and I am really starting to like it, Any tips tricks or advice lets hear it, First off this plane is a little fat. Mine came out at 18.4lbs dry but still flys light vertical is not amazing but It does just fine on a DLE 55 with a proflow Id say plan it around a 60-70 and you'll have a beast.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Yeah after hearing the weight you had, and reading the thread where the fella wanted airframe for da60, I was worried bout the 55 on there, but after seeing you bouncing around bout a foot off the ground with it, I saw it was just fine.

Weight is just a number. Airfoil choice is something else! :) Friend of mine had an A/W Yak 54 ARF, it was a tank. DLE 55, seemed to be adaquete on power, but still seemed a bit lethargic. He could have spent $275 on CF upgrades to shave 1# off it, but it was not worth it.

I flew it 2 flights, and destroyed it! It couldn't hold up to my style. Nothing terrible, just a mid rate snap roll at mid throttle. I have those wings, for sale, if anyone is interested in them! :)

emtp275

100cc
P8092715.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Plane really looked good close in nose up! I'm kinda thinking for that really zippy response and :steamer: and get pull outs a 85 single or 70 twin. I wish I still had my old MVVS 58. It would pull 20 pounds out of a hover. Seems to me all these China motors have pretty much the same kind of power (55/60cc class) because they all use the same crankshaft. Although the DA's look similar... they are mechanically timed a bit different and the tolerances are much tighter. Same goes for the MVVS as for mechanical timing. A lot of the grunt ass torque and power comes from an excellent crank shaft design not just piston type, porting and ignition timing. Any way @emtp275 Really nice plane! hope you enjoy! Picture above says:yesss:.

emtp275

100cc
Plane really looked good close in nose up! I'm kinda thinking for that really zippy response and :steamer: and get pull outs a 85 single or 70 twin. I wish I still had my old MVVS 58. It would pull 20 pounds out of a hover. Seems to me all these China motors have pretty much the same kind of power (55/60cc class) because they all use the same crankshaft. Although the DA's look similar... they are mechanically timed a bit different and the tolerances are much tighter. Same goes for the MVVS as for mechanical timing. A lot of the grunt ass torque and power comes from an excellent crank shaft design not just piston type, porting and ignition timing. Any way @emtp275 Really nice plane! hope you enjoy! Picture above says:yesss:.

HAHA actually it's one of my least favorite but I think it could be fun I would like to save and get a DA 70 and try it in the plane and if I still didn't care for it ill sale the air frame and put the 70 in something else, I just would like the power to throw it around and I think it would be a blast.