• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

88" EF yak setup help

Feral

Hi guys there's 1 EF 88" yak left in Australia and I'm trying very hard to get my hands on it but I need to know a few recommendations on the hardware for the build. Question 1 I have some align ds615 servo's here that I want to use up they have approx 180 ounce inch of torque is this enough? Question 2 I'm thinking about putting a dle55ra into it but I want to run a smoker and can't find for the life of me a smoke compatible muffler for th ra does anyone know where I can source 1? If you can help me with these questions I'd appreciate it were very limited with good larger scale supplies in Australia and the servo' s and engine are the best I can find locally. Cheers

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi guys there's 1 EF 88" yak left in Australia and I'm trying very hard to get my hands on it but I need to know a few recommendations on the hardware for the build. Question 1 I have some align ds615 servo's here that I want to use up they have approx 180 ounce inch of torque is this enough? Question 2 I'm thinking about putting a dle55ra into it but I want to run a smoker and can't find for the life of me a smoke compatible muffler for th ra does anyone know where I can source 1? If you can help me with these questions I'd appreciate it were very limited with good larger scale supplies in Australia and the servo' s and engine are the best I can find locally. Cheers

Hi Feral,

One of our other members from down under is BigRoger, and he flies some EF aircraft as well. As for the 88 Yak, I can only "guess" that it would require similar servos to many of the other 50cc airplanes out there. On the EF 88 Edge page, it says, "5 high torque servos (250+ oz. in.) on control surfaces, standard servo on throttle". so I think that you might be a little light witht he 180oz/in 615s. I run the Aligh DS610 in many of my 7x" airplanes, and they work great there.

as for the dle-55ra muffler, you might try asking ValleyView RC about it. while they're the US Distrubtor for DLE, they might be able steer you in the right direction. Their forum is here: http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?95-ValleyViewRC

Feral

Thanks mate they look to be similar specs to the align hv servos. I can get align gear cheap as I'm a field rep for a local align distributor and as you probably know align = savox