• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

robj

70cc twin V2
Congrats! The 74" Edge was my first larger than 60" airplane, and first foray into "giant scale".
I remember having the same reaction when the big box arrived. :)

Which color did you get? Will you post some build pics so we can follow your progress?

I'm thinking giant scale starts a little bigger than this. At the big bird events it's usually 80" or greater mono or 60(or so) for bipes. Some will squeak by with a 25% class, which this is.

quadracer

100cc
Yes I do.

But I am not sure weather or not I should continue flying the 74 edge, even with new wings.

I no longer have confidence in the structural integrity of the 74 edge(or 3dh wings in general- I have broken 5 3dh wings) as I have had 3 in flight failures with the plane.

I have ejected the motor box, snapped the fuselage, and broken the wings.(all in flight)

Did you fly it with fluttering servos like the 104 Extra?

3dbandit

100cc
No, my servos were in great condition on the edge.
The wings just couldn't hold up to the crankshafts and alien walls anymore....

I've had many issue with the structure on this plane: on the 30th flight I ejected the motor box, I've snapped the fuse in the air, I've had the counter balance break off the rudder in flight, and finally the wings gave out.

Yes, that was my plane at bowling green and yes it was an EF extra.

gyro

GSN Contributor
No, my servos were in great condition on the edge.
The wings just couldn't hold up to the crankshafts and alien walls anymore....

I've had many issue with the structure on this plane: on the 30th flight I ejected the motor box, I've snapped the fuse in the air, I've had the counter balance break off the rudder in flight, and finally the wings gave out.

Yes, that was my plane at bowling green and yes it was an EF extra.

Jacob, you should become an airframe abuse expert... They should send you planes to see how much abuse they can actually take