• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

st99

New to GSN!
Will the vvrc 40cc twin fit on the 74" 3DHS edge 540. I know it will fit on the EF 78" extra. I like the 3DHS edge better though. I cant find anyone that has put it on the 3DHS edge 540 as of yet. Does anyone know if it will fit.?

Thanks.

hone

150cc
Will the vvrc 40cc twin fit on the 74" 3DHS edge 540. I know it will fit on the EF 78" extra. I like the 3DHS edge better though. I cant find anyone that has put it on the 3DHS edge 540 as of yet. Does anyone know if it will fit.?

Thanks.

I know the small plug version fits. A guy up in Washington put one on the front of his 74 Edge. Haven't heard anything about how it flew, just saw the pics of it mounted.

Marc,

Did you ever hear back from 3dhs customer service? Surely they have replied to your emails by now...

I never heard back from them, but the story has a happy ending anyway. On Wednesday I got the control horns that I ordered with the free shipping. I got the horn installed and the linkages hooked up a couple days ago. And then today, I got another control horn in the mail. :confused: I assume the second one was what they sent as a replacement.

So either they read one of my earlier emails and finally sent the missing part. Or DJMoose had some luck chatting with them (if so, thanks Moose). Either way, I'm set. And if anyone needs a spare control horn, let me know and I'll pop it in an envelope for you!

Marc

edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say that they also included a couple of 3DHS stickers with the control horn they sent today. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

st99

New to GSN!
I know the small plug version fits. A guy up in Washington put one on the front of his 74 Edge. Haven't heard anything about how it flew, just saw the pics of it mounted.

Thanks hone1er.
That's what I have. The small plug version. I am really leaning heavy on the 92" though. The 74" would be easier to transport.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks hone1er.
That's what I have. The small plug version. I am really leaning heavy on the 92" though. The 74" would be easier to transport.

Between the two, I think the 92" flys better. I've owned both.

st99

New to GSN!
Between the two, I think the 92" flys better. I've owned both.

Thanks Gyro.
That is just what I wanted to hear. I am going with the 92. Looks like I will be using the GP 61 or the DA 60. Will try to find a good home for my 40cc twin.

The 92 will be a lot easier to see. My eyes are not as good as they used to be.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Gyro.
That is just what I wanted to hear. I am going with the 92. Looks like I will be using the GP 61 or the DA 60. Will try to find a good home for my 40cc twin.

The 92 will be a lot easier to see. My eyes are not as good as they used to be.

In that case, either get the red one (which I think is sold out) or get the white and add plenty of red to the top, and some extra stripes on the bottom. I had to do that or orientation was difficult to see, especially on cloudy days.

The GP is a BEAST on this plane, I love it :)
http://www.3drcforums.com/content.php?259-GP-61cc-Gas-Engine-from-Limitless-Aero

If the 40CC twin is the valley view, I might even offer to buy it from you if the price is right :)

st99

New to GSN!
In that case, either get the red one (which I think is sold out) or get the white and add plenty of red to the top, and some extra stripes on the bottom. I had to do that or orientation was difficult to see, especially on cloudy days.

The GP is a BEAST on this plane, I love it :)
http://www.3drcforums.com/content.php?259-GP-61cc-Gas-Engine-from-Limitless-Aero

If the 40CC twin is the valley view, I might even offer to buy it from you if the price is right :)

It is the VVRC 40 twin. Still new in box sitting on my table.
$315 plus what ever the shipping is.

If you were going to use it for a Big foot I have the motor, Dubro 6" tires and a Miriacle Dual switch with Fuel Dot. Everything---$369. You can see my video here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5taJFbng4

Hey guys. Happy holidays!

This is my first internal combustion powered build and I had some difficulty specifying the electrical system I was going to use. I ended up buying the Power System 2 from Troy Built.

But now I'm thinking I don't really need that regulator anyway. What I think I'm going to do now is this:
1) Run unregulated 2S Li-Ion battery to receiver.
2) I'm using 4 HS-5565MH servos (control surfaces) and 1 HS-5665MH (throttle) servo which are all rated "High Voltage"
3) I'll use an Ignition Battery Eliminator Filter (IBEF) with opto kill switch to power the ignition system.

Here's a sketch of what the configuration will look like. Do you guys see any problems with this setup?

Proposed Power Configuration.jpg

Thanks,
Marc

Last edited by a moderator: