• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

SteveT.

100cc
I have to be honest... it was reading through a bunch of your posts, as well as discussion here that lead me to my decision! So the gas prop in a smaller size (20") loads the prop better? Would running wood (vs. C.F.) in the PJN option be too much?

You can try it. This is the first and only prop I have tried on the motor, though, I may try a few others. When talking to Mike at Aero-model, I had asked about props and he suggested that as quite truthfully, the motor is designed to turn bigger props., but larger diameter props "can" cause torque problems, or prop strikes if you don't have the prop clearance.

SteveT.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Whaaaahoooooo....... DSC_0068.jpgDSC_0073.jpg

econpatric

70cc twin V2
So a couple of questions: In dry fitting the CF wing tube, it was really tight. I was able to slide it in only by rotating it back and forth. I am wondering is that normal? Also, I noticed the issue with the electric power motor extension. Is top still top and left still right? Finally, I am wondering about the ailerons. Is there anything that needs to be done with them? It seems that they are glued and that hinge sealing is finished... did I miss something?

Thanks in advance!

SnowDog

So a couple of questions: In dry fitting the CF wing tube, it was really tight. I was able to slide it in only by rotating it back and forth. I am wondering is that normal? Also, I noticed the issue with the electric power motor extension. Is top still top and left still right? Finally, I am wondering about the ailerons. Is there anything that needs to be done with them? It seems that they are glued and that hinge sealing is finished... did I miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Wow that plane looks awesome! The ailerons are a product of 3DHS awesomeness...they are done! Just put in your control horns and servos! Always do the standard pull checks to make sure they are glued, of course, but they should be glued and good to go. The CF tube is often tight when first installed; I've seen some ideas on helping these slide easier....ah yes, use PAM cooking spray to help them go on easier. Not sure about the power motor extension...did the build manual say anything about this?

djmoose

70cc twin V2

Thanks in advance!

About the wing tube, I just clean them with alcohol and use silicone spray lubricant. They are sometimes a little tight when new and with lubricant will eventually work-in and be just fine.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Thanks Guys!

More questions: I am wondering about using two servos for the elevator control. I have all of the equipment (servos, extensions, etc.), but because weight is a concern, is there a need? Is it still good advice to go through all of the joints before the firewall with thin CA? I would do this ob the electric conversion extension, but not sure if I need it before the firewall.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Guys!

More questions: I am wondering about using two servos for the elevator control. I have all of the equipment (servos, extensions, etc.), but because weight is a concern, is there a need? Is it still good advice to go through all of the joints before the firewall with thin CA? I would do this ob the electric conversion extension, but not sure if I need it before the firewall.

Not sure about the need for an extra elevator servo, seems like if you use a good enough single servo, you'd be just fine. As for CA the joints, i don't see how it can "hurt" to do all of the ones you have access to, but really it's a function of your time and such. I usually hit everything from the motor mount back through the back of the battery tray.

-G

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Not sure about the need for an extra elevator servo, seems like if you use a good enough single servo, you'd be just fine. As for CA the joints, i don't see how it can "hurt" to do all of the ones you have access to, but really it's a function of your time and such. I usually hit everything from the motor mount back through the back of the battery tray.

-G

Ok Thanks! I'm running HS-7954SH's all around... I think it will be fine then.