• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

73 inch Sbach 342, Black and Red Scheme (won from facebook giveaway, from Aerobeez)

Props

50cc
bummer on the rain; looks like it is headed our way. good luck with the CG....always better to be a little nose heavy for a maiden, right?

Yes ;). I always err on the side of nose heavy and work my way from there. Keeps planes in tact longer :)

We got 2 inches in less than an hour, with hail. We needed the rain, but wow that was fast!

Props

50cc
Well got three inches first round of rain, then more last night. Field will be too wet for a few days. I am just as anxious to get her in the air as some of you are. I will keep updating.

AlanK

New to GSN!
I forgot to mention..Alan from Aerobeez suggests a CG of 4.5 to 5 inches for first flights. The manual says 5.25inches, so I will have to recheck before I take her out, as I believe I was 5.25 +ish.

I'm building the same plane but my manual says the CG should be at 5.79". Wonder why your manual says 5.25"? I will do as Alan suggests. Also, could you post the pics of the canopy screw mod you did? Thanks

CG Sbach 342.JPG

Props

50cc
I'm building the same plane but my manual says the CG should be at 5.79". Wonder why your manual says 5.25"? I will do as Alan suggests. Also, could you post the pics of the canopy screw mod you did? Thanks

View attachment 11402

Are you building the 300 or 342? I am almost certain my chart shows both.

Screw mod? Mine came with canopy screwed on. I might mod it to canopy latch system later tho, screws get dropped too easy.

AlanK

New to GSN!
Post #68 you mention the mod. I'm building the 342 which by the chart I uploaded is the same as the 300.

Props

50cc
Oh! You were talking of the tabs being too narrow and when the screw is tightened it sucks the fuse sides in. I will snap some pics and post.

Props

50cc
No, haven't been able to. We got quite a bit of rain last Sunday/Monday and the ground under our 3 week old mat runway is still soft from it.

AlanK

New to GSN!
Looking forward to hearing your report. Have a question about the wheel pants... Are allen head bolts and blind nuts used to attach them. I have 4 left and the only thing that I haven't done are the pants?