• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

73 inch Sbach 342, Black and Red Scheme (won from facebook giveaway, from Aerobeez)

Props

50cc
Spinner on backorder at Aerobeez, so I have ordered a different one from a different vendor.. then realized that the 3" it called for is not correct. When I measured the face of the cowl where the backplate goes, it shows it to be a 3.5 inch spinner. So I hope I can get that order changed in the morning.. oops !

I can't praise Aerobeez enough in all of this. This plane is of great quality. I admit I have looked at their planes off and on for the last year, and just couldn't find enough information to try one. I wish I had of now. I will be definitely buying more of Aerobeez planes in the future. They are a great value and quality. I have had a few other various brands out there, and believe me you can pay a bit more, and still get poor quality, or cheap covering. So if you are like I was, and just not sure to try or not.. go ahead, you will be pleasantly surprised at the value you get. Well worth it in my opinion.

SnowDog

Dell,
That build looks great so far! Glad to hear Aerobeez is taking care of you; customer support is key for any online vendor. I appreciate the detailed pics you are taking, it helps us to see the internal construction of these airframes. You may want to check your rudder pull-pull cable, it looks very loose to me. I really like the way the cowl is designed; that chin opening shoots air right over the cylinder - very nice! The fact that you didn't have to cut anything in the bottom for the cylinder head except that small opening for the spark plug wire is impressive and makes it really look nice. I think opening the canister tunnel and using that for your vent area is a good idea.
Where did you get those servos that you are using and what are their specs?
How have they held up for you in other planes?
Keep up the great build log!

Props

50cc
Thanks for the kind words ! The cables are lose as I don't have any control surface horns yet. They are just threaded through, waiting to be attached when I get the horns.

The XQ servos, I get from Redwing RC. Here's the specs on those.
Gear Style: Futaba Arms
Modulation: Coreless Digital
Gear Type: Titanium
Weight: 2oz (59g)
Size: 40x20x39mm
Torque: 6v -200.1oz-in (14.5kg-cm), 4.8v - 173.6oz/in (12.5 kg/cm)
Speed: 6v - .11 sec, 4.8v - .13 sec

Price is $34 if ordering 5+. Or $43 each for less than 5.

So far I have had no issues with the XQ servos. They can be a bit buzzy at first but after some use they settle in. Very good centering, and no slop.

In the past I have tried Power HD 9150 MG's , they are good as well, but do have a lil bit of gear play after a lot of use.

I run A123 batteries, so I have not gotten into HV servos yet. But if I do, I know the Hitec 5685 MH would have been a good choice as well for this plane.

Props

50cc
Cowl now finally all fitted. Still didnt have to chop the bottom up too much.. I am impressed with the room it had.

Wow this camera pics up every dust particle !

Attachments

• 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 007.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 007.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 300

Props

50cc
I have two Xoar props new... 18x8 and a 19x6 Which do you think would be best for the OS GT33? I am leaning for the 19x6.

Props

50cc
Yeah, I would go with the 19x6 as well.

btw, that cowl really looks awesome, nice job!

Thanks! Boy years ago, I wouldn't have been able to make it look so good. Seems with age comes wisdom, or at least a lot of learning through experiences ;)
Not that I am old, but I have learned a lot in the 14-15 years I have been in the hobby.

Props

50cc
Well, at this point, all I have left is the control horns (being sent to me). Then just finish setting up throws and balance. Then do a test run/tune outside.

I am thinking I'd like to get the included graphics converted to vinyl. They just look and hold up better over time. Will check and see what pricing I can get for that. I'd like to get something for the GT 33 in vinyl too. I will have to shop while I wait and see what's available.

Props

50cc
Horns arrived, gluing has commenced!

Spinner supposed to be here Saturday. It's looking good.

Will make a trip to my LHS for a switch, I thought I had one, but it's MIA.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I just read this entire thread. Great work Propsnwings! I'm excited to see some huckin vids. I'm like you... I have been hesitant to purchase due to lack of information on these planes. It is good to hear that you have had a good experience on the build. Now for the flying!