• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

maxx4wd

50cc
Thanks for the input - will definately go through the plane with a fine tooth comb - I think the plane has a scorpion motor in it - might swap that out for a motrofly unit as I don't know anything about scorpions or even if they're an equivalent product.

Anyhow, thanks!

maxx4wd

50cc
The only thing I would add is that if you're flying it off of rough grass, you may want to reinforce the wheel pants. Put some fiber glass and epoxy inside the wall that faces the plane. That'll make them last longer. It's one of the best flying planes on the market, so it's well worth the hour or so you're going to spend on reinforcing the wings and pants. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks! Slapping in some fiberglass should be a quick and easy fix...will do.

kman240

New to GSN!
Hi....I have the Motrolfly 4330 298 with a Castle edge ESC......what switching rate should I use???? 8, 12 or 16 kHz??

Thanks!

Manta

70cc twin V2
8 be goochie bro!! U can try 12. But 8 is where I roll with em. Congrats on a great motor. Ps, the talon series give more power as far as escs go in my experience

kman240

New to GSN!
Manta....thanks for the info on the 4330 motor setting. I have it at 8khz and everything is working great. Now I am putting on the cowl and it lines up perfectly centered but the angle is slightly greater than the cowl's angle. Can you guys take a look at this pic and see if it looks normal?? Did you notice this on your plane??
Thanks for your help again.....this is the first plane this size that I have built so I wanna make sure everything is right! :eek:) P1020967.JPG

SnowDog

thats pretty normal...it all depends on how you aligned the cowl before you drilled the holes.
What you are seeing is the 3 degrees on the firewall to compensate for the motor torque.
this won't affect the flying at all, and you'll probably be the only one to notice it.
some people offset the cowl during alignment and drilling of holes so the spinner gap is equal on all sides; essentially installing the cowl a little bit "crooked" so it matches the firewall incidence.
hope that makes sense.

I am mainly playing with iMovie here, but here is a video I shot at the Fort Smith FLI last fall of [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] flying his 72 with some antics with a 103 at the end.

[video=youtube;Xkd-5_0lVL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkd-5_0lVL4[/video]

maxx4wd

50cc
Ok guys - I have decided to run a receiver pack on this larger electric bird - for those of you that run them, how do you wire it up? what size Rx pack (s) do you run and how many flights do you guys get? Do you guys run a bec (or voltage regulator)? I'm thinking of buying a new futaba 14sg radio with a HV Rx - and the plane already has 4 Hitec 7975hb (guessing 6.0v max) - not sure if these are big enough for the tail though....any suggestions would be great - thinking maybe a 1600mah life (good for 4 flights)

Olie

50cc
I run 2x 1300maH 2s Lipo's for around 6 flights/ lots of sitting around on the ground waiting in line.

This runs into a Spektrum Powersafe RX powering HiTec 7955TG's

EDIT: I only charge to 8v (4.0v per cell) and discharge to 7.6-7.5v (3.75v Per cell)

Last edited by a moderator: