• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

Fast3D

50cc
When I first got the MXS it was a bit of a handful for me. Although I could fly it well and hard, it had the ability to go haywire on me if I made a small mistake. It really kept me on my toes. After putting the Cortex in it I fell in love with the MXS. It still is as violent as ever, but the Cortex gives me just that little extra moment of stability to allow me to figure out what I am doing. It's hard to explain but easy for anyone who tries it o experience it.

Does it make the hover or harriers easier so I can do them an inch above the asphalt as hone1er does? lol.
But seriously, does it make any maneuvers more difficult or out control or fighting you back on centain manuvers?

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
It can make hovers extremely easy depending on how you set it up. When set up properly, you should not feel it fighting you on anything. If you have the gains very strong, it can tame some of the more violent maneuvers. For example, it can slow down the spin rate on a pop top so that you get less rotations. I have mine set up on a 3 way switch so that I can turn it off, on with low gain, or on with high gain. I typically fly with low gain and it gives me just enough "support" to smooth out my flying tremendously without dampening anything. If the wind is really high, I will use High gain and just flip the gyro off momentarily to do a pop top...

The thing that makes this special is that you can adjust:
----the individual gain on all three axis as well as an overall gain
----The stick priority on each individual axis. This means that the gyro will be strong when there is no stick input, but as you input stick movements, the gyro becomes weaker and weaker as you move the sticks further from center
---- The Latching on each individual axis. Latching means that if you do a snap roll and bang the sticks in the corners to do it, as soon as you let go of the sticks and they move to center the gyro becomes strong again and jerks the plane back into its control. With the adjustable latching you can set this feature so that the plane does no fight you or loo weird as the gyro grabs control again.

It really is amazing how well and how INVISIBLE this thing works when you set it up so that it is tailored to your plane and flying style. Heck, it is amazing how well it works right out of the box with no special programing at all! What' more, the firmware is extremely easy to update, and Demon Aero is constantly tweaking the programming to improve the product you already bought!

Fast3D

50cc
That sounds really good YellowjackerRC. Have they ever tried one of the big test pilots playing with it or report on how it works with their advanced skills? can people use cortex in IMAC competitions? almost sounds like cheating. :cool:

3dbandit

100cc
That sounds really good YellowjackerRC. Have they ever tried one of the big test pilots playing with it or report on how it works with their advanced skills? can people use cortex in IMAC competitions? almost sounds like cheating. :cool:

You can not use cortex in aerobatic competitions (IMAC, XFC...)

Fast3D

50cc
Good to know Gyro. For some reasons, I think I will loose my preexisting skills if I start using the cortex.

fun day flying yesterday

we had a great time flying yesterday. our mxs is still going strong!
evanmxs.jpg