• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

I only got one flight today as the wing bolt blind nut stripped. I put 1.25" arms on it and got 52 degrees up and 47 down aileron. I will probably have to setup a mid rate for normal high rates as I wanted the extra thrown for hovering.

3dbandit

100cc
I forgot to post this earlier:

What I found from experimenting with different aileron deflection, I found my highest high speed roll rate was with 40' of deflection. Any more deflection slowed down the airspeed significantly, thus roll rate also suffered.

For slow speed(high alpha): 45' of aileron gave me the best roll rate.

wedoitall

I noticed the same thing. At first I thought something was wrong with my servos but after testing them on the ground and a few in the air I was pretty sure that wasn't the case. Currently I have mine set at 40 degrees. I also liked them alil higher for rolling harriers and whatnot. Seemed like they looked better with around 45 degrees. May have to play with the setup some more.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I only got one flight today as the wing bolt blind nut stripped. I put 1.25" arms on it and got 52 degrees up and 47 down aileron. I will probably have to setup a mid rate for normal high rates as I wanted the extra thrown for hovering.

How did the wing but strip?

The wing blind nut is the one that is mounted horizontally that you screw the M3 bolt into. It was literally stripped so that the M3 bolt could be pulled straight out. I replaced it today with a new one.

I reduced the up a bit so maybe I am getting 49 degrees up today. From the Andrew Jesky video #3 from HPP, he sets his differential in the aileron end points rather than using the differential menu. This is what I do in all my planes. This way I maximize my possible throw.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I flew the Laser today again and just can't find any weaknesses. Perhaps it's too stable in a harrier or the roll rate is too fast. No wait it must be that it does insane tumbles to crisp as a fresh picked apple recovery. No no I got it, the CF gear is a little too stiff! Gee Chris, ya think you can do better the next time? AWESOME machine. The 80 yr old at my club was taking down the website today! He needs help ordering components, they like the one stop shopping.
When's the 78" coming out??? Huh huh when?
I thought EF hit a home run with the 60" extra and MXS. Now I'm looking for the baseball out in the street- out of the park.