• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yes....unless it's a very good photo it is hard to tell. The first time I saw an Extra 330SC up close and personal was when I realized that the lower fuse from the cockpit back was fabric covered. Until then I had assumed they were aluminum panels.

Of the tons of photos I have of this plane, including many of my own, only a few really show the tape. Little details for sure....but very scale.

I'm adding them on my Krill fuselage prior to painting.

Yes....unless it's a very good photo it is hard to tell. The first time I saw an Extra 330SC up close and personal was when I realized that the lower fuse from the cockpit back was fabric covered. Until then I had assumed they were aluminum panels.

Of the tons of photos I have of this plane, including many of my own, only a few really show the tape. Little details for sure....but very scale.

I'm adding them on my Krill fuselage prior to painting.
I'm glad you brought it up . I'm just about finished covering the fuselage then I will put the tape on, , ya it looks so much better

OK final word on the pink tape, Ray Ordorica , the owner of the one and only Dalotel has been really helpful with the pictures of these details , he is presently restoring the original Dalotel, so Thanks very much again Ray , your a life saver

Last edited:

Toffer77

30cc
Bonjour Roger,

Ray Ordorica a réussit à restaurer le Dalotel Original ou le projet de restauration est en attente ?
Bonne courage pour entoiler ton Dalotel à toi :)

WMcNabb

150cc
I'm glad you brought it up . I'm just about finished covering the fuselage then I will put the tape on, , ya it looks so much better

Link to the scale Stits pages in case you haven't already found it:
Instructions - http://www.stits.com/store/RC_Model_instructions.html#pinked
FAQs - http://www.stits.com/store/RC_Model_Airplane_faq.html#finishing

Put the tapes on after the first coat of Poly-Brush is on the piece (fuselage, wing, etc.) and apply them using Poly-Brush, not Poly-Tac.

Last edited:
Its a start

Attachments

• zv.JPG
    zv.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 220
  • zw.JPG
    zw.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 199