• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

I was able to do the control horn today thanks to Ray Ordorica, as I have said before , he owns the original Dalotel, for sending me photos which are not on the plans, and one side of the rudder is now sheeted, will have to wait until tomorow for unclamping and then do the other side

Attachments

• tg.JPG
    tg.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 323
  • th.JPG
    th.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 308
  • ti.JPG
    ti.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 353
  • tj.JPG
    tj.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 362
  • tk.JPG
    tk.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 413
  • tl.JPG
    tl.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 345
finally working on the canopy latches, possible because of the recent photos Ray sent me and the last picture is of the full size

Attachments

• tm.JPG
    tm.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 318
  • tn.JPG
    tn.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 304
  • to.JPG
    to.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 281
  • SEAT INSTALLED DSC_7441.JPG
    SEAT INSTALLED DSC_7441.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 290
cable control horn in, so as the tail wheel horn, starting to sheet the fin

Attachments

• tp.JPG
    tp.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 309
  • tq.JPG
    tq.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 268
  • tr.JPG
    tr.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 285
  • ts.JPG
    ts.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 308
with pictures from Ray of the full size tailwheel control horn, I had to redo mine to make it scale, but I used .040" aluminum , did you ever try to weld aluminum this thin, I did with success, but it was touch and go for a while

Attachments

• tt.JPG
    tt.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 314
  • tu.JPG
    tu.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 270
got the elevator push tube painted, not quite the right tint, but it is what it is, re done for a 4th time the tail wheel control bracket , this time out of steel, 5 grams more the the aluminum I had in mind but much stiffer, and the stab tips out of foam, now to carve them out,, and also tried my hand at welding ribs for scale , but they are both wood

Attachments

• tv.JPG
    tv.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 269
  • tx.JPG
    tx.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 274
  • ty.JPG
    ty.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 235
  • tz.JPG
    tz.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 239
  • ua.JPG
    ua.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 247
  • ub.JPG
    ub.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 277
  • uc.JPG
    uc.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 258
  • ud.JPG
    ud.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 294

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Roger,

Your Dalotel is looking AWESOME. . . . . :big_yes:. Seeing your monster Dalotel makes me wish I could fly my little one. I think I've only flown it one time all year because of strut issues and no free time to fix them. Hopefully I can get them fixed over the winter so I can run a few gallons through the Rossi next year. . . . . :yesss:

Keep up the incredible work and I'll keep watching.