• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Tseres;12056 wrote: I think you could make the lower leg of the oleo out of hex stock if you can figure out a way to machine the the hex into the upper part. That should keep it from rotating and should be strong. Of course there is the seals to consider but I think it could be done with screw in caps on the upper.

Ya that would probably work , but two things , as you said the receiving has to be machined, and also the bottom part which is exposed has to be round hmmmmm

Tseres

150cc
Forgues Research;12150 wrote: Ya that would probably work , but two things , as you said the receiving has to be machined, and also the bottom part which is exposed has to be round hmmmmm

You can wire EDM the hex in the upper or use an old fashion slitter. You can turn the hex stock round as needed. Bet you can come up with something that'll work. It's a lot of work for the first one but the second one will be easier.

How did they keep the full scale from rotating?

I know. Sleepless nights. :)

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
I bet it has to do with that square hole in the top of the oleo strut. I would guess that there was a square pin attached inside the outer/upper leg that went inside the square hole as an anit-rotation.

am now making bushing inserts for the spar plates and for the center section, I had to buy a 3/4" by 5" stainless steel bolt , how much? don't ask LOL

I should have enough material for all bushings, if not well $$$

12516=5783-by.jpg
12516=5783-by.jpg
12516=5784-bz.jpg
12516=5784-bz.jpg
12516=5785-ca.jpg
12516=5785-ca.jpg
12516=5786-cb.jpg
12516=5786-cb.jpg

wecoyote;12856 wrote: Those are looking great Roger. What grade aluminum are you using for the mounts and spars?

The flat bars in the spars are 6061-T6 and the center section are 2024-T3 , where the bolts tie in the aluminum parts will all have stainless steel bushings, and the bolts are 5/16 Grade 8

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Wow awesome, a little late to the fun but when I ran a Model Lab for product development I did a lot of scratch building. I really miss it but now I can re-enjoy through this thread. Sub'd

Ohio AV8TOR;13007 wrote: Wow awesome, a little late to the fun but when I ran a Model Lab for product development I did a lot of scratch building. I really miss it but now I can re-enjoy through this thread. Sub'd

Thank you, yes a lathe and a milling is really helpful

The inserts in the flat bars have to be at a 3 degree angle, so I cut the angle on a piece of wood, and set it on the milling vise, and put the plate on it and drilled, it came perfect.

13014=6020-cf.jpg
13014=6020-cf.jpg
13014=6021-cg.jpg
13014=6021-cg.jpg
13014=6022-ch.jpg
13014=6022-ch.jpg