• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

cbarnes0061;6614 wrote: Rodger those hinges are pretty cool looking. Now how long does it take to make one and how many more do you have to make? Also how much deflection are you expecting to get out of the surfaces?

like anything else, it takes a while to get the first one done properly, then you simply repeat the process. But I would say about an hour each set, now that I have the right numbers , but that is not installed yet. I need a total of 4 of these for the elevator, and two for the rudder. The ailerons are a totally different type.

As for deflection, I haven't measured yet but I assure you it will be plenty, mind you not for 3D flying, LOL

I would like to know from everyone, if you want more detailed pictures on how I make certain things or just the parts finished, I don't want to bore anyone

all 4 stab/elevator hinges done, not shown in the pictures are the mounting holes also done

7121=2738-bf.jpg
7121=2738-bf.jpg
7121=2739-bg.jpg
7121=2739-bg.jpg
7121=2740-bh.jpg
7121=2740-bh.jpg
7121=2741-bi.jpg
7121=2741-bi.jpg
7121=2742-bj.jpg
7121=2742-bj.jpg

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
you should have asked, who is ok with buying shop tools after I've shown the cool things I can do with them? i so want a lathe right now.....and a milling machine...

SnowDog

this is an amazing build thread....thanks for sharing...more detail the better, IMHO!

excellent shop skills

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i was thinking this morning if i could bring the elevator linkages for my Cap into the fuselage like full scale planes would have it just to do something trick but I talked myself out of it. looking at your work i'm thinking i gave up too easily! might have to reconsider now.

BalsaDust

Rodger after watching your build of the Pitts over on the other site and I think I'm in the same boat as bartman. I have been wanting a mill and lathe for quite a while but watching your builds and what you can do makes me want them even more.

Wacobipe

100cc
Forgues Research;7087 wrote: I would like to know from everyone, if you want more detailed pictures on how I make certain things or just the parts finished, I don't want to bore anyone

The more details the better! That's how I learn to make my builds better.