• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not sure yet on the time line but so far Hans told me the crankcase is already 3D printed and he assures me it will be all scale, since he sold Kolm engines, took some time off and he's back with a vengeance LOL but only scale engines and this one , actually I approached him about it if he wanted to join forces with me and his answer was "Hell Ya" As for price I have no idea since we are in this together and at Top Gun we should have one in my airplane and one on a display stand
praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

Some guys have all the fun. I want to be you when I grow up.

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Awesome work! Your giving us all inspiration to take everything to level max. Now if we could just find the talent and tools to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
25734296_10156132633337139_3579668518606833364_o.jpg
26001063_10156133135082139_4291437553239990117_n.jpg

in the front of the instrument panel you see two 3D printed drilling jig for the tiny screws around the different instruments I had forgotten about those holes but this jig saved the day, did I tell you I love the 3D printer LOL, and below the turn and bank added
Talk about beautiful work. You have such a devotion to this plane and this hobby. If this plane does not win Top Gun, those judges will need their heads examined.

Now make me a panel for the new 330....K??????? Hee hee

After Ray sent me quality photos of the instruments of the full size Dalotel , I had no choice but to redo the instrument faces, and will completely redo the front panel,
When only one full size Dalotel was ever fabricated, and became obscured in time, it was a bit of a miracle that Ray, (present owner of said full size) seek me out . He has been invaluable in many details I am now doing, without this, I only had half decent photos at best, Again thank you Ray for you help

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That is so awesome. It's amazing how a little gesture can be materialized into a full blown sickness huh? LOL. I wish I knew someone close with a 330sc. Just like what you have done with your build on your Dalotel, I would like to have my 330 become my present day magnum opus. However, I highly doubt it will ever hold a candle to the maddening insanity of awesomeness you have conjured up in your laboratory on the 165. :way_to_go:

That is so awesome. It's amazing how a little gesture can be materialized into a full blown sickness huh? LOL. I wish I knew someone close with a 330sc. Just like what you have done with your build on your Dalotel, I would like to have my 330 become my present day magnum opus. However, I highly doubt it will ever hold a candle to the maddening insanity of awesomeness you have conjured up in your laboratory on the 165. :way_to_go:

All you need to do is start, and it will come true, but something like this , will take more then a year , it has to be a long term project and if you believe you can do it, then you can, Make sure its the airplane you are passionate about

26170877_1648529408544050_7989273152447055256_o.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a note from Ray

Dalotel fans, there is no other airplane in the world that has taken my
fancy so much as the Dalotel. I think it's the best-looking aircraft on
the face of the earth. Although I scratch-built a model of it nearly 30
years ago, I knew I was not done. Some years back I was going to build a
larger model but then I found IT for sale, bought it, and here I am.
When I discovered Roger's effort I was unable to help him as much as I
would like. He's in eastern Canada and I'm in eastern Idaho. So I do
what I can and wish him luck.
................Ray Ordorica

Tom Miller

New to GSN!
I couldn't agree more! To this day, the best flight I ever saw was Hanno and his Dalotel flying the last flight of the day one evening at the TOC. I hope to see the real Dalotel restored one day or maybe somebody will build a full-scale replica!

Not to hijack the thread but the picture is of me and my scratch-built 90" electric Dalotel. It has electric retracts and a GA6000 motor on 12 cells=all the power you would ever need. I love to fly this airplane ... it is soooo coool looking in the air when the wheels go away:)

Roger, this is a massively interesting project! Keep up the GREAT work. We are rooting for you!

Tom

Attachments

• Dalotel_me.jpg
    Dalotel_me.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 361