Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Forgues-Research, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 100cc

I did say no pictures until the instrument panel is finished but I broke down , here is one
    But also right now the fuselage of the Laser is taking shape quite fast so am happy with that

Attached Files:

stangflyer, AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

WOW...That is amazing. Soooo.....where is the photos of the Laser???

3. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 100cc

Here are a few of the Laser, as you can see, the broken fuse, , I was able to recoupe some parts, making this build a lot faster and easier

Attached Files:

4. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 100cc

Just to let everyone know, I am very much on schedule with the Laser and will resume with the Dalotel shortly

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 100cc

a question to everyone, I would like to know if anyone either has experience or knows where I can get more information on making my own model airplane tires, I have already started to look into the next project while not in the shop and the tires would be for this airplane at 46% scale

Attached Files:

6. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    No Idea how to make tires! Never heard of a Pakistan MFI-17 Super Mushchack! What a neat plane! Side by Side trainer that is aerobatic apparently, kinda reminds me of a zenith 750 but with a bubble window. And it looks like there is a tailwheel too by the way... (tail skid wheel). At 46% you do realize that is a 13.5ft wing!? What a unique choice for a plane!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAC_MFI-17_Mushshak

7. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 100cc

Yes indeed, 160 inch wingspan, , the airplane was originally designed by Saab in Sweeden and now being manufactured in Pakistan It is a trainer and can also carry arsenal . full flying stab also, So will see , I hope to have this one as a prototype for production as a full scale competitive airplane for production. time will tell

Alky6, 49dimes, dhal22 and 2 others like this.
  8. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 100cc

a bit of update, the laser is nearly done , just a few more days, then back with the Dalotel

Roger

49dimes, Jetpainter and stangflyer like this.
  9. Hi Roger.

Wow, what a nice project this would be! I have always liked the MFI-17 and I have flown the full-size for quite a few hours. One somehow found it's way to South Africa. Nice performer and quite capable of some basic aerobatics.

Thanks for sharing your projects, always interesting.
    Rudi

10. Forgues-Research

Forgues-Research 100cc

Awesome Rudi, to get to fly one, would put the ice on the cake

stangflyer likes this.