• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

4Titude Or Fiji BottleTank

AKfreak

150cc
4Titude Or Fiji BottleTank. (Btw Mod's, is there a better place (Section of this forum) to ask this question?)

Hi guys, I want your opinion yet again. In the past I have used the stock Dubro tanks but I like to see inside. If I go with a water bottle I can see inside, but there are several offerings (PSP Cap, WWRC, Or the many 4titude sellers). The PSP looks to be the top of the food chain, but for $47 bucks its a little high IMO. Which leaves the WWRC tanks, or the 4Titude. I can save a buck or 2 with WWRC over the 4T.

So I ask you again, which one do you prefer, and why?

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I have only ever used the Fourtitude tanks as they were only $15 more than the Dubro at my local HS and came all plumbed up ready to go so thought why not, I have not had any bad experiences with them yet.

We have three pilots all with 91" EF's running Fiji water bottles and using the PSP kits on their own bottles, all are very happy with them and they look nice with all the metal connections over the fourtitude plastic connections which you have to be very careful not to put too much force on

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I bought the PSP cap and fittings and have been very happy with the quality of them with no leaks. That's a one time purchase as they are made so well they will not wear out. You don't need their higher priced kit. Just buy the cap and one or two fittings and the rest you probably have if you are already into gas. By the way their fittings are good but large and sometimes hard to get lines on. If you are ordering from Taildragger RC their 90º fittings are fantastic.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I like the wwrc tanks. No work, just plug and play. Prefer over fourtitude as I've had 2 fourtitude tank o-rings fail. Also, the wwrc tanks seem to have better size options.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro is that the o-rings on the small nozzles on the top or the front cap?

The little black ones inside the tank on the small elbow nozzles.

That a why I like the wwrc, they are permanently installed with a sealant of some sort.

hone

150cc
Yeah I had a o ring fail too in a fourtitude. Jason was awesome though and got me a replacement tank right away.

I was told they had a bad run of O rings. I haven't had any trouble since and they're all I use.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I looked at mine last night, it looks like as well as the o-ring mine also has some sort of sealant on the connection as well, kinda a light brownish colour.

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
I've had 2 fourtitude tanks fail as well, Jason has promised me replacements, but 3 weeks and nothing, they are out of stock apparently, using dubro currently without issue, but will go PSP next time I need a tank

AKfreak

150cc
I've had 2 fourtitude tanks fail as well, Jason has promised me replacements, but 3 weeks and nothing, they are out of stock apparently, using dubro currently without issue, but will go PSP next time I need a tank

I went to your website to see if you had one, but surprisingly you don't. I think as you grow, they might be somthing you are interested in offering. Thanks for the feedback on the fortitude. I think I will pass on them, not its between a WWRC and a PSP. I just don't see why shipping has to be $8 on a silly little cap. I said it before and Ill say it again. I cant stand a postal profiteer.

Btw I love your shipping model at 3drcparts.com. An example by which all others should follow.