• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mini Review 4s 2600 mAh LiPo Battery from YellowJacketsRC

gyro

GSN Contributor
Here is quick unboxing pic. The battery was wrapped in some bubble wrap inside the box.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395029078.653612.jpg
Now, the specs say 25C on the website, but as you can see, the battery received is marked 40c... Not complaining! :D

Onto the scale!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395029123.477786.jpg

So just a pinch (10g) heavier than listed on the site. However, compared to a competitor battery, the Tunderpower G4 4s 2600mAh 30c, it's almost exactly the same weight!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395029224.859383.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
As you can see in the comparison pics, the YellowJackets pack is a little thinner, and longer when compared to the thunderpower pack.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395029437.228535.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395029452.960271.jpg

Also, and I think this is actually something you can see in the pics, the YellowJackets pack is a little more "dense" in that the shrink wrap appears tighter, and the cells themselves feel a tiny bit more firm.

More to come soon, plans to fly tomorrow!

hone

150cc
Very nice. I've been testing the 40 2600 yellow jackets as well and they're holding up fantastic. I've been quite hard on them for months now and they're good as new. Got a little over 100 cycles on each pack so far.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got a chance to fly again yesterday... YellowJackets are holding up great.

Some initial observations:

Absolutely no difference in flight between the YJ's and the TP's.

Love the fact I can 3c charge the YJ's all day (and 5c if I need to), whereas the TP's instructions say 1C ONLY.

So far so good, next up are some static output comparisons.