• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion 4D Giant Scale Flying!

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Some use tail rotors from heli's for small epp and drepron planes. That one in the video is a different story. Massive

Feral

Cool thread ill be lurking here.

The tail rotor assembly off a 700 size heli with the blades off a 250 size heli would probably work for a 60-70" airframe youd get 50 odd degrees of pitch

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
In a couple of weeks I am going to order the 60" EF extra. If I get someone to to explain how that would work, then I would be willing to do that.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
In a couple of weeks I am going to order the 60" EF extra. If I get someone to to explain how that would work, then I would be willing to do that.

You're crazy Mike! But man what a fun project that could be! Sorry I know nothing about Heli's other than I can't fly them on the sim for more than 30 seconds!

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
You're crazy Mike! But man what a fun project that could be! Sorry I know nothing about Heli's other than I can't fly them on the sim for more than 30 seconds!

Yes I am :megaroll: But Ive been wanting to do this for awile, Ive been looking at my Trex 450 to see if I can incorporate the main swash and blades to a plane, maybe cut the frame around the motor and gear, then I would have collective pitch too with long blades. Long landing gear in the front, and back, 4 wheels. It would look like a mosquito.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
HE HE HE.... Can't wait to see what it will end up looking like! I am waiting for someone to get really crazy and put two quad props in place of the elevators or inside of the rear stabs... wow that would be really crazy! You could even put a quad prop inside a fixed rudder... Talk about an abomination!