• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS Yak 55 91" - vibration issue

Patto

70cc twin V2
I don't think there are many of these out there. For 3D mayhem and tumbling, I think you'll like it. For precision flying.. Meh.

As far as the build goes, I found that taking the cowl on and off was a major pain. The wheel pants did not stay on long. I'd recommend completely re-doing the mounting method on both.

Also, it's likely to be tail-heavy, so plan for that.

I've used a DA 60 and a DLE 55 on mine. The 55 is enough power, but the 60 is worth the extra $$ if you really care about having that extra punch.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I don't think there are many of these out there. For 3D mayhem and tumbling, I think you'll like it. For precision flying.. Meh.

As far as the build goes, I found that taking the cowl on and off was a major pain. The wheel pants did not stay on long. I'd recommend completely re-doing the mounting method on both.

Also, it's likely to be tail-heavy, so plan for that.

I've used a DA 60 and a DLE 55 on mine. The 55 is enough power, but the 60 is worth the extra $$ if you really care about having that extra punch.

Oh, and use triangle stock everywhere you can in the engine box.

thanks Patto, will take it all on board, going with an EME60 as I have one sitting on the shelf, will plan for a light setup and see how I go, took note of your vibration issues and the fix you made.

Patto

70cc twin V2
thanks Patto, will take it all on board, going with an EME60 as I have one sitting on the shelf, will plan for a light setup and see how I go, took note of your vibration issues and the fix you made.
Hey [MENTION=3387]Lojik[/MENTION] how did it turn out?

Lojik

70cc twin V2
slowly haha, still working on her, I've had very little time recently, should be done soon but not quite there yet.