• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

wedoitall

well i lied ..... i said that i wasnt gonna buy anything in the future that wasnt 3d. i ran across a really good deal on a f27q stryker and bought it. ive been wanting one before i got into 3d planes. just wanted something really fast. but after flying this evening i was thinking i could have bought a 3dhs epp edge airframe and motor instead .......:banghead:

gyro

GSN Contributor
well i lied ..... i said that i wasnt gonna buy anything in the future that wasnt 3d. i ran across a really good deal on a f27q stryker and bought it. ive been wanting one before i got into 3d planes. just wanted something really fast. but after flying this evening i was thinking i could have bought a 3dhs epp edge airframe and motor instead .......:banghead:

Have fun with the Stryker. I had one for a little while too... got bored with it after about the 15th flight. Hope you enjoy yours longer :)

zmonster97

I have a f-27q stryker. I like it a lot and have had since around when it first came out in June/July 2011.

It is fast and is fun to do some low fast passes with. But it also can do some 3d moves. With it I do pop tops, blenders, boomerang/flat spins, walls, parachutes, elevators, knife edge, harriers, and sort of crankshafts.

So, yeah, I have some fun with it.

wedoitall

havent received it yet but its on the way....but not long after hitting the buy button, i was kinda thinking the same thing, gettting bored of it.

wedoitall

i heard that it could do alot of tricks but i didnt know it could do that many. whats low speed like on it? can you do very many tricks at low speed or most just at high speed. i heard that stall speed wasnt that bad.

zmonster97

It can fly surprisingly slow! It has a very wide speed envelope!

Most of those tricks have to be at a higher speed, but it's cooler at a higher speed anyway. But if you want to do stuff at a lower speed, you might want more torque, so changing the prop to a apc 7x5 might help. People say it's much better than the stock prop, but I haven't tried. I want to though.

I'll try to get a video of it one day.

wedoitall

my previous addiction

dont know if yall heard me talk about my 1/5 scale 2-stroke racing HPI bajas. thought i would throw up a couple pics. these are no shelf queens. the one on the stand is running about 8.3hp at 18,500 rpms. its 42" long and weighs about 40 lbs.

thats a whole lot of 3dhs planes, prolly 6 or 7, sitting JUST on that stand :cursing: lol not counting the orange one on the left. plus i have enough spare parts to build a 3rd one and then some.

i have an acre racing track in my backyard. my wife is awesome! plus she let me convert the spare bedroom into my hobby room. workbench and all.

i havent started these up since i started flying 3 months ago.