• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" Edge 540

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
That's tough to look at Gary, sorry to see it.. let me know if you want to part with the gear and cuffs... maybe you can at least part done stuff out..

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for the condolences...

Yep, gear block held well. After mid air (glider turned to confetti), basically did what I could to keep it out of the lake, and elevatored it to the ground, which is where the fuse damage occurred.

Parting out to raise funds for a replacement airframe. Please PM an offer if you want anything:

-Gear and cuffs to Santi8.
-Cowl is fine, cut for side dump muffler
-right wing and wing tube are fine.
-stabs and stab tube are fine, one hinge will get replaced prior to sale. Sold as a set, comes with stab bag
-my repaired SFG is fine, but the other one needs a little love. I'll fix it and sell as a set
-wing bags to be sold as a set

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm sorry to see your plane destroyed Gary. It always sux... especially when it is one of your favorites.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm sorry to see your plane destroyed Gary. It always sux... especially when it is one of your favorites.

Thanks Nate. :)

If someone would be so kind to drop a link on RCG, I think there are some folks there who might want some of my spare parts.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ohhhhhhhh no!!!!

mr-bill.jpg

Yowzilla

50cc
Just had a mid air with a radian... She's done.
View attachment 19260

So a foam $250 RTF park fly took the wing tip off? Amazing.
Yesterday based on your build and others I jumped off into a White one with the 3dHS sale of 12% off.

Do you think you can find the remaining E on your vinyl "EDGE 540". Is in from B and E graphics? Your extra graphics moved me to the white one...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sounded like some one snaped a 2x4. I looked up and saw the edge fighting to stay away from the water. Sad day to see such a nice plane come to an end.

Yeah, it was sad :(
But good to see you again, especially beating down that 71 Slick!

So a foam $250 RTF park fly took the wing tip off? Amazing.
Yesterday based on your build and others I jumped off into a White one with the 3dHS sale of 12% off.

Do you think you can find the remaining E on your vinyl "EDGE 540". Is in from B and E graphics? Your extra graphics moved me to the white one...

I'm sure you'll enjoy your edge as much as I enjoyed mine... And yes, flying at 80+ mph into a radian doing about 20 mph will cause some damage!

I make my own (and also sell) vinyl.
If you'd like a similar graphics package to mine, I can do that easily, just PM me what you'd like and I'll get you a price.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.