• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

Fast3D

50cc
sorry Gyro to see you've had a rough maiden day. I've never seen anyone having problems with the pull-pull rudder wire like this before. Good to know. Hope you can fix it soon.

Good to know on the cable. I will have to make sure I have plenty of Azhar's stuff on hand when I assemble my 60cc projects.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks all. I'll have the replacement parts this week, so she'll be ready to go next time I get to fly!

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Looks like the supplied pull-pull wire wasn't up to task. I'll order some quality replacement cables from Secraft so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Did you have CA on the wire where it loops and connects to the ball link? (just looks like a lot of CA residue on the wire. You might have made it too brittle. You only use 1 single small drop of medium (so it doesn't run) into the crimp to seal the crimp.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Did you have CA on the wire where it loops and connects to the ball link? (just looks like a lot of CA residue on the wire. You might have made it too brittle. You only use 1 single small drop of medium (so it doesn't run) into the crimp to seal the crimp.

Thanks for the pointer Moose. When I apply the CA to the crimp, I hold the tail up so that it stays in the crimp while I add kicker. I'll make extra sure it stays there in the future too.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Haven't flown the edge since New Year's so figured it was time to let her rip! I gave the SFG's another shot as well since I initially didn't love them, but I think I found the sweet spot for them. Love them for my low and slow, heck even takes most of the torque out of a hover. Only downside so far is how much energy they suck up out of tumbles and rolls.

That being said, flying with them at high speed is like adding two keels to a boat. Even on long rolls and point rolls didn't have to compensate for any loss of altitude.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389740750237.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389740750237.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 219

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the pointer Moose. When I apply the CA to the crimp, I hold the tail up so that it stays in the crimp while I add kicker. I'll make extra sure it stays there in the future too.

I'm not saying that's what caused it...just noticed the wire that seems to have a ton dried CA on it. (could be a photo thing)

Fast3D

50cc
Haven't flown the edge since New Year's so figured it was time to let her rip! I gave the SFG's another shot as well since I initially didn't love them, but I think I found the sweet spot for them. Love them for my low and slow, heck even takes most of the torque out of a hover. Only downside so far is how much energy they suck up out of tumbles and rolls.

That being said, flying with them at high speed is like adding two keels to a boat. Even on long rolls and point rolls didn't have to compensate for any loss of altitude.

That's a nice looking graphics you have there. A red bull scheme without yellow. looks nice man.