• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've got the DLE-55, and while it has adequate power, it doesn't have the extreme power-to-weight ratio of my smaller electric airplanes. If I was to replace the motor, I'd definitely go larger.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Also. I have a Smartfly power board for the servos and rx, and use an IBEF (ignition battery eliminator filter) so I can use the same batteries for servos and ignition.

Av8r RC

50cc
Well I picked up a used FB 89 today. And I need to start acquiring servos, a DA60, and a few other odds and ends before it can take flight.

After looking for some HS-7955TG's, I found some HS-7954SH's. To me it looks like the only difference between the two is the 54's have steel gears and weigh 3g more each, but they are also rated to accept 7.4V. Torque and speed are identical at 6V. Has anyone used these? Will the steel gear hold up as well or better than the titanium gears?

Also what would be a good choice for a throttle servo?

Thanks